Grow Tent Setup Help: Lightproofing/Wiring/Ducting

Young Yoda

Hi I've got a couple questions about setting up my new tent. I know that this is the kind of stuff that gets asked about/dealt with all the time, but I seriously cannot find solutions to these specific issues anywhere..

This is the 4x2x5' tent I got for flowering:
57001.JPG

My first question is how do I run wiring into the tent without letting light in too? I plan on running a single extension cord into the tent, and from there connecting to power strips. But when I run the cord through the
lower 4" ducting port located on the back right wall, I find it impossible to close the velcro completely around the cord.. It allows a sizable crack for light to get in.

This leads to my ducting problem.. The three passive air flaps with light baffling mesh around the bottom will have to stay shut since they are totally not light prof. There are also two 6" and two 4" ducting ports. The 6" holes are both in the upper right corner, one on the roof, one on the right wall. The 4" holes are both on the back wall right side, one high and one low.

What frustrates me (my fault I should've thought about this) is that all of the ducting ports are located on the right side of the tent.. With the passive air flaps closed, these are my only options for getting air into/out of the tent. My fan will be pulling air out of the 6" hole on the roof. With this in mind, I'd like to have air intake on the bottom left side to maximize air flow across the plants and lights, RIGHT?
(Oh just to mention, I'm using LED lighting so there will be no airflow system specifically for the lights, just for in/out of the tent.)
Sooo.. The only solution I've thought of is to run ducting from the ducting ports through the inside of the tent to where I want air intake. Any thoughts/problems regarding this idea? Or maybe a better solution?

Next, the ducting ports have small holes around them seemingly for screws (6 holes for the 6" and 4 for the 4"). What is the ducting connection product I need that uses screws? I have only ever seen couplers and collars. I could just tape up the holes and use a coupler, but it seems like they're there for a reason..
Also, is there a way to secure ducting to these ports from one side only? (for the air intake ducts which will simply open up to the outside of the tent)

Lastly, I have read that flex ducting isn't light proof, which kinda stands in contrast to my experiences, but anyway how bad is it? Do I need to break out the black spray paint or something?

Oh and lastly for real this time, does pantyhose do it for you as an intake filter?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for your two cents.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom