Grow Ventilation

BackDraft Dampers are made to allow flow in a single direct, weather it be intake or exhaust. They are used widely in many commercial indoor grows as well as smaller grow systems.

Does anyone use backdraft dampers in the grow room ventilation setup ?

:peace:

Buddahcon
I do. I had to make my own set up to make my ventilation work and had to use back draft ventilators. Both of my fans, light cooling and room ventilation, dump into the same spot. My bathroom ceiling vent. Here is a crude drawing. there are flappers ( I didn't draw them in) that only open when the fans are blowing into the box keeping the air from entering each other.
celing_vent.jpg

Awesome....many thanx, this is a help. As I do intend to use the back draft dampers as part of the ventilation system. (fresh air intake during the exhaust phase)

:thanks:

Buddahcon

will these flaps not make a lot of noise when the fans are on or are they motorised?

There are several types as I know it.... spring loaded and counter balanced, there are some that can be motorized. But with motorized you have more expense involved and more to go wrong in my opinion.... that's just me of course.

Buddahcon

Back
Top Bottom