Puffpuff - Personal Thank You

mellowmama

Puffpuff,

I wanted to thank you for all your help with my ventilation system. I don't have enough posts to PM you, so here it is publicly.

CFM and Can Fan Questions

Which Fan/Filter for This Setup?

I was indeed clueless. Got the ventilation system installed, the only complications due to such an old petrified house, but that's the norm here. It runs so quietly that unless you are standing right under the fan, you cannot hear it at all, so thanks for the recommendation on the Panasonic fan. Wiring was as you said - easy peasy.

Installed a Phresh carbon filter, about 550 or therabouts, directly over the grow closet, so whatever heat and odor is emitted should be whisked away. Used a quality insulated flexible duct, and installed a wall cap with a backdraft damper and bird mesh (and no one saw us but the neighbor's dog - and she ain't talkin'!). Installed an intake vent opposite the Phresh, at floor level. Ready to go!

System was delivereded a few days ago, got it all setup, then made a hole in the wall behind it for access to controls, with the hole covered by a locking utility cabinet. Very stealthy! Oh, a friend drove by as hubby was moving the closet around to the back to get it in the basement, and stopped to comment on the new "gun chest"! Exactly the reaction I wanted!

Getting ready to start a crop of Medijuana!! And scored a new Sawzall due to the project. Life is good... getting better.

Thanks again.

Mellowmama

Puffpuff,

I wanted to thank you for all your help with my ventilation system. I don't have enough posts to PM you, so here it is publicly.

CFM and Can Fan Questions

Which Fan/Filter for This Setup?

I was indeed clueless. Got the ventilation system installed, the only complications due to such an old petrified house, but that's the norm here. It runs so quietly that unless you are standing right under the fan, you cannot hear it at all, so thanks for the recommendation on the Panasonic fan. Wiring was as you said - easy peasy.

Installed a Phresh carbon filter, about 550 or therabouts, directly over the grow closet, so whatever heat and odor is emitted should be whisked away. Used a quality insulated flexible duct, and installed a wall cap with a backdraft damper and bird mesh (and no one saw us but the neighbor's dog - and she ain't talkin'!). Installed an intake vent opposite the Phresh, at floor level. Ready to go!

System was delivereded a few days ago, got it all setup, then made a hole in the wall behind it for access to controls, with the hole covered by a locking utility cabinet. Very stealthy! Oh, a friend drove by as hubby was moving the closet around to the back to get it in the basement, and stopped to comment on the new "gun chest"! Exactly the reaction I wanted!

Getting ready to start a crop of Medijuana!! And scored a new Sawzall due to the project. Life is good... getting better.

Thanks again.

Mellowmama

Well this just made my day, a public thank you :thanks:. Your very welcome. Keep us updated or post more often so you can PM me. Got any new drawings or pics to show your work?

Well, since you asked...

I've been dying to show/tell someone, ANYONE, but that kinda defeats the stealth thing, no? But I know I can trust you guys.

Stealth is so important to us because not often, but every holiday and birthday this place is crawling with big kids, little kids, critters, plus the occassional service worker or meter reader.

Here's the stealthy setup in pics:

1_-_Floorplan.jpg

2_-_Part_of_Basement.jpg

3_-_Gun_Chest_or_Grow_Closet.jpg

4_-_Open_Closet.jpg

5_-_Workshop_Leads_to_Secret_Cabinet.jpg

6_-_Cabinet_on_Back_Wall.jpg

7_-_Hidden_Closet_Controls.jpg

Makes me quiver with excitement! Just gotta plug her up and start those seeds!

Sorry, Puffpuff, the ventilation system, while exquisite, ain't much to look at!

Thanks for looking!

Mellowmama

Nice work :)

If you ever have problems with smell in the gun room, somehow get that filter inside the grow box. So it ends up being filter first, then it will go through the light then through the exhaust fan and out the window.
tent1.png

Like your drawing! What software?

Fortunately the closet has two fans to circulate air which goes through an Airsok before being expelled. The grow light is air-cooled as well.

I read mixed first-hand reviews on the efficacy of the closet's odor control, some saying it worked very well, some saying not so much. Being very concerned that I may find myself among the naysayers down the road and not wanting a big stink bomb on my hands with company on the way, I decided to install added protection. I was also worried about heat collecting in that very small space. An ounce of prevention, they say...

...and I got a couple buckets of ONA on hand just in case :thumb:

I'm hoping that since the filter is installed directly above the closet, any odor that might make it past the Airsok, and any heat from the bulb, will get sucked away by the glorious Panasonic fan.

Cool avatar!

Thanks,

Mellowmama

Software is just PAINT that comes with all Microsoft OS computers.

I like yours much better, what is it?

So what did you come with for seeds or clones, what are you growing?

By the way, its good to see someone with a decent tool collection. Ummm, I think I have a tool fetish :) Think I should start-up a tool rental business.

Funny, I have a tool fetish too, and MUST HAVE all the accessories! And neatly arranged. Hubby is more the artsy type, barely recognizes the business end of a screwdriver. I do let (make) him use the circular saw, though and now the new Sawzall. I'm not very strong and fairly spastic, so I'm afraid of those two tools. On the other hand, a Dremel is a girl's best friend. My stepfather was a carpenter, married my mom when I was about 11, took me under his wing and drug me along on jobs. He gave me that B&D jigsaw in the photo, then new, 38 years ago. Still works great.

This tool fetish applies to all interests, gardening, vaping, cooking, cake decorating, sewing, yarnwork, whatever, I MUST HAVE THE GEAR!!

I use Architectural Home Designer Pro, by Better Homes and Gardens, for the floor plan software. I have the entire lot, house, every stick of furniture and every bush, tree and flower to scale in that software. A work that covered literally years. It comes in really handy for remodeling, moving furniture (virtually), etc. It's fairly expensive but has paid for itself many times over. When we finished half the basement, I just handed the contractor my plans and we never spoke again until he presented the bill.

For editing photos I use Photoshop Elements.

A couple of years ago I wanted to start growing so bought some seeds from what appeared to be a reputable online business in Amesterdam. I bought White Widow, Pride of Amsterdam, White Rain and Medijuana. The advice on their website at the time was to carefully wrap and store the seeds in the freezer with a dessicant, which I did. Hopefully they will germinate. I'm screwed if not, because I know of nowhere to get seeds or clones in this area. The stuff grows wild around here, so they say, but I've never seen it. Could use seeds from the street stuff, I guess.

I intend to start with the Medijuana. Need some body stone for arthritis pain relief. Not sure yet what to do when, but I am an experienced gardener, both indoors and out, just never grew this particular crop before! So hopefully the first grow won't be a total disaster.

I may do a grow journal, for those interested in how the closet might perform.

Thanks!

I would be interested in your grow journal.

Dont know where you live but back a few years ago I was @ a seminar in Amana, Iowa....A bunch of us were driving down the road in a company van, seminar instructor driving........I yell hey stop,,,,what?(driver)..........stop!!!!!I just saw some weed growing on the side of the road. (driver) oh thats just hemp it grows wild around here, you dont smoke do ya? Before I can even answer half the van yells hell yeah I do.

Well, was it ready for harvest??

We're in Kentucky, and it does grow wild. The other day when the closet was delivered, we had a hard time staying under cover. The freight people wanted to open it and break it out because it was so big and awkward, but we insisted they not. They dumped it on the city sidewalk and roared off. We uncrated it and hurredly whisked the innards inside, then hubby, who is a little fella but strong, was struggling to get the thing around back on a two-wheel cart. Along came a friend, straight-laced guy, who wanted to help move the "gun chest". He started banging on it, saying it felt awful light for a gun chest. Then he went around to the other side, and asked "why would a gun chest be air cooled...???" at which point, I surreptitiously made hubby's cell phone ring from my pocket... got rid of him, then here comes my best friend on the planet, the UPS guy, asking where did we get such a big filing cabinet??

After all that hubby finally got the thing in the basement, ripped his shirt off and whirled it overhead, screaming "Gawd, that was amazing fun!!"

"What???" said I. He said it reminded him of his late teens/early 20's when a carload of boys would head for the known patches to harvest, going as fast as they could, constantly on the lookout, exhilarated with their harvest and their feat. Then they would head to an abandoned garage where they spread out their bounty. Fortunately, he only got arrested once!!

well, was it ready for harvest??

We're in kentucky, and it does grow wild. The other day when the closet was delivered, we had a hard time staying under cover. The freight people wanted to open it and break it out because it was so big and awkward, but we insisted they not. They dumped it on the city sidewalk and roared off. We uncrated it and hurredly whisked the innards inside, then hubby, who is a little fella but strong, was struggling to get the thing around back on a two-wheel cart. Along came a friend, straight-laced guy, who wanted to help move the "gun chest". He started banging on it, saying it felt awful light for a gun chest. Then he went around to the other side, and asked "why would a gun chest be air cooled...???" at which point, i surreptitiously made hubby's cell phone ring from my pocket... Got rid of him, then here comes my best friend on the planet, the ups guy, asking where did we get such a big filing cabinet??

After all that hubby finally got the thing in the basement, ripped his shirt off and whirled it overhead, screaming "gawd, that was amazing fun!!"

"what???" said i. He said it reminded him of his late teens/early 20's when a carload of boys would head for the known patches to harvest, going as fast as they could, constantly on the lookout, exhilarated with their harvest and their feat. Then they would head to an abandoned garage where they spread out their bounty. Fortunately, he only got arrested once!!

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom