Good first time setup?

Quickplaya

This is my first post here on 420magazine. I have been doing a lot of research on what equipment to use. Below I have a picture of my online cart. I also have links to the individual items.

I have a 11x11 apartment room with a window. I can not vent out that window, but can leave it slightly open for air ventilation. Can I vent the air from the tent into the living room? In the living room I can put fans in the windows. My living also has a wall AC unit.

Is this the best setup for me? Thanks in advance!

https://www.freewebs.com/quickplaya/fisttent.png

https://www.greners.com/secret-jardin...-dr120-ii.html
https://www.greners.com/high-performa...t-package.html
Vortex Powerfan - 6" 453 CFM
Phresh Filters Odor Elimination
https://www.greners.com/progrip-ratch...ht-hanger.html

If your air-cooled light setup is actually sealed (some of them are less than perfect) and you use air coming from somewhere other than the grow to cool it then you could exhaust it anywhere that heated air wouldn't normally be a problem, since there would be no way for that air to mingle with the fragrant air of the grow. Which is probably the best reason to treat the ventilation needs of your GR (or tent, in this case) and your light as separate things.

Another reason is that while the GR still requires some ventilation for air exchange and to remove any radiant heat, it requires much less when the light is ventilated separately. Your carbon filter works better because the air is moving slower and is not nearly as hot (which means it also lasts longer).

Secret Jardin makes fine tents according to everything I've heard and read, BtW, good choice.

Thanks for the comments.

I can NOT justify spending over 1,000 dollars on a good led setup. Also, I have been following the LED trend for a while and I am not ready to jump on the band wagon yet. LEDS NEED TO BE MODULAR! That is something I don't see any companies doing. LED technology is moving so fast that there is no reason to buy an expensive fixture with LED all soldered in, when in a few months it will get out dated or something else will come out that is cheaper. I look forward to LED being cheaper and better then MH/HPS. I also look forward to modularity bulbs, but for now I will wait.

I will be using HPS600watt and ebb and flow watering. I work at a local hardware store and can pick up everything I need dirt cheap. I already have ph tester and thermometer due to owning a saltwater fishtank. I want chronic every two months. I know that hydro vs soil will save you about 2-4 weeks on average and yield just as much.

My question to you guys/gals is..... what is the db rating of vortex fans? I do not want it too loud. Is it louder then a bathroom exhaust fan?

I know what you mean about modular leds. The components are out there and I'm looking into building my own. Wish I could help on the fan noise level, but I don't use that fan.

Do you have any that you recommend for me then? or is your fan loud? lol

I think this is your fan or close at max 49 decibels it'll be slightly louder than a fridge. If it is still loud you could box it in with Styrofoam insulation to further soundproof, but I think you'll be alright. Hope this helps.

Vortex Powerfans are high performance inline duct blowers constructed from quality steel with heavy duty attractive hammertone powdered coat finish. The extended collar allows for easy duct installation and taping. Superior quality and smart design ensure vibration-free operation with balanced motorized impellers with permanently lubricated ball bearings. Include 6' power cords, and galvanized mounting brackets allowing both horizontal and vertical installation.

Other features include:

Extended collar and lip, allowing easy duct hook-up
Impact resistant, sound absorbing heavy gage steel casing
A rustproof hammertone powder coat epoxy finish
The permanently lubricated balanced motor ensures long life
100% speed controllable Factory installed 120V power cord
A worry free 10 Year WARRANTY

Specifications
Weight: 14.4 lbs.
Package Dimensions: 13.5L x 14.5W x 11.6H
Voltage: 120
Diameter: 6"
Warranty: 10 Year
CFM: 449
Max. Wattage: 136
Frequency: 60Hz
Max. Amperage: 1.2
RPM: 2800
Max. Decibels: 49

Here is a list of common noises and their decibel levels:

Aircraft at take-off (180)
Fireworks (140)
Snowmobile (120)
Chain saw (110)
Amplified music (110)
Lawn mower (90)
Noisy office (90)
Vacuum cleaner (80)
City traffic (80)
Normal conversation (60)
Refrigerator humming (40)
Whisper (20)
Leaves rustling (10)
Calm breathing (10)

WOW! Thanks for the info dadums! Maybe I will try the diy led route... hmmm... I have to know what led to use specifically. I have been looking for something like this for a while. Such a good idea. Do you know of anyone that did something like this? Or shall I be the first? lol

If I had the money I'd be building NOW. Look around the Surexi sight. They have kits and modular brackets. They also have sets of cree leds. The Surexi come in 4 mixes of spectrum. I'm going the 2L hempy route with no veg as soon as I get the mother big enough so I'll get the redder of the sets (last 2). I have seen the cree leds in grows, but this is really new ground for the Surexi. Google diy led grow lights. I put the reef light link up because it tells how to build them and you can link to find the components. If you beat me to it do a journal and start a trend.:cheer:

A word of warning 420.com is addicting and you'll change your mind 10X's just reading the posts.:morenutes:

Oh ya, good thing my hair is short otherwise I would be pulling it out with all the decisions I have to make... so many options.

I have noticed here on 420 that there is A LOT of fake advertising. I see so many people with 1 post saying... "I have dealt with XXXX company for YEARS and love them blah blah blah". Obviously someone working for the company... and the posts are usually after someone says something bad about their company the post before... I think there should be a little bit more strict posting rules to prevent someone from getting scammed.

The moderators do a good job here, just allot to keep track of. I just look at how long someone has been a member and watch out for new members with say 5 posts. That's a joke son. It won't take long to find the best advisers. I'm still learning every time I log on and soon you'll hit the magic number of posts and be able to IM. Some of the sponsors are really good at following the journals and even posting. All things considered I staying put here.

Oh no doubt staying here. I love the information I get. I have figured out my budget and it looks like by January I will be able to set up the LEDs. I will be making a journal with TONS of pictures and videos. I just got a new camcorder. I really appreciate all the help you have given me man. Keep in touch. I will update more when I get some more money.lol

Back
Top Bottom