Can-fan thermostatic controlled?

TreemanMI

Currently designing/building my grow room. Been looking for a high quality inline fan for exhaust. Has anyone used or seen Can-fan's new line of fans that have a thermostat built in??? See link below:

Can-Fan Inline Fan with Thermostat - 6" HO 392 CFM

For me, it would fit the bill perfectly. Provide increased ventilation when temps rise, but NOT TURN OFF when hitting desired temp., it only reduces to min. speed. This would maintain negative pressure in the room to make sure no smell would ever leak (always scrubbing exhaust though carbon). Would also reduce energy usage and wear on the fan motor by not unnecessarily running at full bore all the time. I cannot seem to find any fan controller that has this capability. They are all on/off for desired temp.

Otherwise you have the day/night speed settings controllers... Not really ideal because they would take some serious dialing in to keep temps correct and living in a temperate climate can cause huge swings in the intake air temp.

Could someone please provide some insight on this product line. I can't seem to find many reviews online and can-fan doesn't even have the product on their website so it must be pretty new. I don't want to be a guinea pig on a $300 fan... I know they make quality products so that does provide some comfort, but the fans don't seem to be available at most hydroshops online or otherwise, so that worries me a bit...

Thanks,
TreemanMI

Thanks for the reply JJ. Glad to hear they are not so new,
Just seems like they are not very popular (I'm guessing because of the price point). Looks like I will end up going with this fan to handle everything for my small room.

You know I can't say for certain because I don't have any hard evidence I can provide, however it may be because there are often smaller (grow size) growers who document online rather then larger ones. So it's typically larger growers who are getting these fans, at least more often then smaller growers.

Because I've often wondered that too, sometimes I cannot find information on certain things and I think man, nobody has documented this and posted it online? I think it's just the nature of the industry for now until legalization finishes making its full swoop across the country. Big guys are more hush hush and the smaller growers don't have to worry as much.

Just a random, irie thought of mine ;)

Thanks for the post. I have been looking at running a few can fan for years. I have been waiting to see people to show and tell about them before I invest.

Thanks for the post. I have been looking at running a few can fan for years. I have been waiting to see people to show and tell about them before I invest.

Yeah I've used the cheap eBay fans with success, but damn are they loud and I'm done buying cheap equipment. I don't need a ticking time bomb because I wanted to save a few bucks upfront.

Back
Top Bottom