Need Opinion and help - Thanks!

mimilo

Hi everyone!!.. ive been reading a lot about growing this past month..and now im think im ready.. i want to build a "closet" thing.
I am thinking to do it with 3/4" plywood , and the final area would be 24"x 20" x 48" . (2' x 1.6' x 4')
i want to buy a 250 watts MH/HPS Grow light with FlashWing Reflector,
2 AC Standard Cooling Fans (120x120x38 mm) 110 CFM Each. (1 for intake, 1 for exhaust),
Foylon or Mylar as a Reflective Surface.
Carbon filter made by my self( theres many option)
2 clip oscilating Fans (6") for inside ventilation
And a four plant Hydroponic system.. the DWC from stealth hydroponic.
Thinking of making a hole in the wall too... for greater vent.

What do you thing about this settings?? im gonna be able to control the heat?.. is there an easy hand made carbon filter that fits in this settings?...

I will appreciate any help or advice!! im really exciting bout this.. but i want to do the things the better way... in order to have a excellent harvest... i hope that!

Thanks!!

Re: Need Opinion and help. Thx!

Thanks!! .. i bought 6 CFL Bulbs w/ 65watt, 3900 lumens with 6500k... im thinking to use them in the vegetative state.
how many distance should i leave between each bulb??.. a mean the gap between them( sorry bout my english) ..
also, i dont know which option is better: use the 6 bulb or just 5

Thanks for your opinion Medcatetoday.
ill appreciate any help. Thanks!

I've just gone through all the basic small-grow learning and, inshallah, will be harvesting my first plant later this month. My advice can't be that far off--I've got a big, healthy, flowering DinaFem Diesel.

A grow your size (and mine) simply doesn't need that much light. I started my plant out under some lower-end LED grow-light kit, and while it sprouted and grew, it was very slow. Around six weeks I finally tried putting a CFL on to supplement the LED. I researched some more and realized that my LED just wasn't up to the task, so I removed it and tried 3 CFL bulbs, I think they were the 23-watt size. The plant responded so well that, over time, I've added 3 more CFLs. I think I have a total of something like 10,000 lumens, pulling only something over 200 watts. One of my bulbs is a 68-watt monster that throws 4,200 lumens. I had to get a chick brood lamp (just a big aluminum work light) to hold it. Brand is Ecosmart.

For flowering I switched 5500-6500k CFLs for 2700k ones, since I read that the lower color temp is better for flowering. CFLs aren't cheap, but they do last forever. Mine generate just the right amount of heat for my space--upper 70s when the lights are on, 65+ when they're off. Given all that light, my plant simply shot up from 9" to 36" in about a month. Then it seemed to stop, and I decided that must mean it's ready to start flowering. Flowering has proceeded normally--that sucker has more big buds than I could easily count, and new, small ones coming on down low. Stigmas on top are starting to redden.

CFLs do have to be placed close to the plant. You hear different things but I keep mine around 4" from the nearest leaf or bud. I made 3 sides of the space from peg board, so it's easy for me to move lights around. (My space is in a furnace room that I've light-proofed, so holes in the box itself aren't a problem.)

Go with as many CFLs as you can fit into your space. Position them so the top always gets excellent light, and move others now and then to ensure that the lower storeys get a share (I can see that pays off later in flowering, when buds start to appear down there.) Given their advantages in power, cost, versatility and simplicity, I think you'd be nuts to fool around with high-power, high-heat systems.

It isn't exactly easy to grow cannabis, as people sometimes say. You have to learn stuff and experiment. I had some plants die young. But it's basically a hardy plant and, given a good start, can astound you with its robustness. As long as you use common sense and avoid really serious errors, you'll do fine.

Thank you all for your help!!! i appreciate!! ill post some pictures of the work that ive done until now... when i finished the box i thought that i should it be done bigger... but i leave in a small apartment, and i have never grown weed in my life.. so a think its special for a start ... final area 24"x 20" . 124cm of height.

is there any advice , it would be welcome!!

then how do i post them here??.. i already upload thde photos... sry i sux

growbox.505232

growbox-light-bulbs.505231

growbox-interior.505233

thank you!!... today i made the hole in order to install the fans..maybe ill instal 2 more fans of 80mm, i dont know yet.... i hope tomorrow i ll do the wire thing with the bulbs..

im kind of worried about the main thing of hydroponic technic.., i have been doing a lot of research.. but i still having clouds, and not feel shure about the nutrients and fertilizers.. Does anybody know where i can find an easy and understanding tutorial about nutrients and fertilizers in hydroponic growing process????(dummies , step by step etc) ..

Thanks!! ill appreciate any help!!

IMG_3234.JPG

Back
Top Bottom