Growing outdoors and lighting: When will they flower?

This being my second year growing I decided to put a couple plants outside to see how they do. I am in a hot, humid, rainy area so expect I will be dealing with Powdery White Mildew and more then likely bud rot. Anyway, that is not the reason for this post.

I have determined that in my area I will begin 12/12 lighting outside on September 26th. On August 29th I will have 13 hours daylight and 11 dark. At that point can I expect the plants to start entering the flowering cycle?

They will have already been in flower mode by then. Cooler nights as well as light conditions will trigger her. If you figure, take September 1st and add 8 weeks to that..... Not good depending on location of course.

Yeah mid August they should be showing preflowers by then. Every plant will hit stretch, regardless of whether or not it's outside or not. This is the plants final growth spurt before she starts to add weight. I kind of equate it to a teenager growing up LOL.

The reason I am trying to narrow this down so close is I want to attempt to use the colloidal silver spray to try to make some fem seeds. I understand the best time to start spraying is about 1 week prior to the plant starting flowering. So unless it's in a tent and you know exactly when that will be it's a lot tougher to know. Thanks for your help my friend.

If you use a loupe and keep an eye on your preflower sites very closely..... I have no reason to believe that the colloidal silver wouldn't work before the actual flower sites truly develop....... that's my understanding anyway. I have not used the colloidal silver as of yet. I am presently in the breeding stage myself doing pollen collection.

I just finished pollinating a Hawaiian Kailua Pua plant and a Northern Light #5 plant with pollen from a very nice Northern Light #5 male plant. Whatever you've heard about the pollen going where it wants and getting on everything........it's all true....LOL Looking at the plants a week after pollinating them I made way more seeds then I wanted.

The calyxes already swelling with seeds inside just days after pollination.

Back
Top Bottom