hang dry in cold temp

a2zunknown

I have a few outdoor plants that have been hanging in a shed in my back yard for months now. I was told they would be OK. That said, I'm not worried now about how long they can hang cuz I'm told they can be there a while. I'm almost done trimming them now. BUT, I have 5 indoor plants I am harvesting and feel like they will never dry because its so cold. Temps are getting down into the 20s and range to the high 30s. The shed isnt sealed all that well so it doesn't stay much warmer than the outdoor temp. Is this OK for drying? Will they even dry? Any ideas on how long I should wait before I trim and mason jar em? I use humidipaks which I believe takes the excess moisture out of the buds. So if i trim them while they're too moist I should be OK right? My research points me in the direction of putting a heater out there to bring the temp up a little. Plenty of airflow in the room so I don't feel I risk mold or drying too fast. If I understand correctly the cold can restrict the curing process while its out there in the cold so I don't want it too cold. And too high of temps and it dries too fast and basically stops the curing process at that time so I don't want it too hot. Last time, first grow, it was in the 90s out there and they dried in like 2 days and got really crispy. I added trimmed fan leaves to moisten it up and word was I had the best stuff around. So I wasnt dissatisfied. But I did feel like it could have been better had I controlled the drying process. Anyone have any input? What would you do in my situation?

Be careful. IF you get a warm snap they WILL mold.
I have never hung them that long - or that cold so I don't have any first hand knowledge about it.
In my part of the world it gets no colder than about 50F at night, but can get up to 70 during day. I have to be real, real careful about mold. It doesn't take long, and by the time you see it - it's too late.

I think I'd put a small space heater in the room (be fire safe, please) and put a fan in there, and check them like every few hours till done.
Get them done. No mold when they're done.
I wouldn't be able to sleep with all that hanging in an unsealed shed ...

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom