Help with quick drying

aoraki

Hey people. I know you probably seen this post many times before.

Here is my situation, I'm in New Zealand and we are out of lockdown tomorrow. I will be travelling by foot (hiking long distances).

I got this buds as emergency yesterday. Clearly not dry/cured. Don't have the great smell that infests the room and just to be sure I tried a bit and it's obviously not ready.

I have 3 DAYS TO DRY IT before being on the road. I know it's not ideal, but it is what it is... open to hear suggestions.
CURING should be OK as I can care the JAR with me on my backpack.
It's also cold here now. Normal temps about
What methods do you recommend me to use to dry it in 3 days?

Brown paper bag be enough?

We have a heat pump in the house I'm staying with which I can regulate temp. Don't have anything to hang it.

About CURING: do you recommend me using a desiccant or something similar inside just to reassure they don't get mould?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Peace and love in your hearts!
IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMHO, if you do a forced quick dry, you're a lot less likely to be able to cure it. That process is hard on the wee things that do the actual conversion of the chlorophyll/etc. into other things (which is what curing is).

I cannot see images right now, but... Is it a lot, or just a relatively small amount? Will you be hiking/camping alone, or in company of others? Is it dry there (in terms of humidity, not smoke ;) )? I'm wondering if you can spread it out in a dry, dark location now, then when you go walkabout, place it in a breathable container and carry it with you, opening/ventilating the container as/when needed and redistributing the buds so that you don't end up with the more wet ones staying far from the container opening. You'd have to be wary of mold, of course, but that's generally the case anyway. Until it's all at a proper moisture content level, I suppose you could take out what would amount (dry) to a couple grams or whatever you consume in an average day, pin it to your shoulder, and let it dry in the open for the following day. That might not be feasible, depending on conditions.

Good luck!

I have just hung dried my plants whole for 3 weeks, but prior to that when I was cutting buds off for early sampling, in order to fast dry I used scissors to chop the bud and left it in a bowl in the cupboard, I turned it the following day and it was quite vapeable by evening and certainly by 2 days. It isn't curing it, but hey it works fine and does the job! You could always, say, chop up the fat one fine, leave it to air dry for 2 - 3 days and take the other buds in the jar/paper bag to dry slower on the way. Enjoy the tramp Aoraki.

Back
Top Bottom