Drying and curing

Jfault20

Ive read tons and tons of info about dring and curing but yet to have a sure fire way for it to work. I reside in Houston where temps and rh will change at the drop of a dime so controlling rh is trying. Usually when i try to dry it ends uo drying too fast and ends up being a way less inferior product from when i would quick dry to test. I guess my question is are there any drying machines on the market that can help take out the guess work?

Yes, but they are expensive, and generally for industrial use.

I use Boveda Packs in 2qt Mason/Ball/Bernardin Jars after three days of air drying. It's a tried and true, cost effective method.

Hi jfault, I hear you. I'm in Massachusetts and rh changes by the minute. If I can I take our smallest room and get a humidifier or de humidifier to try for 65 % rh. Also folks use cardboard boxes with string running across to hang from. You can close the box to retain moisture. Another way is low and slow. I haven't done it but folks like it. here's a link.

Hi jfault, I hear you. I'm in Massachusetts and rh changes by the minute. If I can I take our smallest room and get a humidifier or de humidifier to try for 65 % rh. Also folks use cardboard boxes with string running across to hang from. You can close the box to retain moisture. Another way is low and slow. I haven't done it but folks like it. here's a link.
Thanks ive made a cardboard box but I still havee those issues. I was thinking more of a small dry box already put together. And the low and slow drying even though ive read thru multiple times still seems a bit complicated with the controls needed

Back
Top Bottom