Heat

saltybluegrass

i changed my grow location and it gets 102 f for a few hours a day- i plumbed in some AC but if it’s not running , the box gets extremely hot-
My autoflowers ,all born the same day, show 2 stunted (north lights / Think different ) and 1 flourishing- Pineapple chunk.
Is that due to Chunk being a hot weather variety? (was trying to duplicate my maui waui craze from the navy in 1980- any tips on another strain, i’m all ears )
I’m at 5 weeks and i can’t really tell if it’s reafy to pop yet - foxfarm ocean soil -king led 1000w -fowfarm trio
Think the extreme heat stunted them or is 5-6 weeks ok for AF to bloom?
I’ve answered the heat problem with an in-line fan taped up to the leaching pipe i cut into my house AC - it’s a beautiful thing.
i’ll update this with new pics- i just did another lst bend to them - thanks oh, humidity is good at 35-45 btw

Attachments

• 6B0D2A49-1A28-4CF6-9F5C-734701739846.jpeg
    6B0D2A49-1A28-4CF6-9F5C-734701739846.jpeg
    835.4 KB · Views: 70
Bump- the next question is RH. because this location is as dry as a desert, i am reading 30-40rh. i keep a pan of water there. I’m sure a humidifier will add to the recently resolved heat issue? what will results at 30-40 rh look like?
thanks

That rh is fine. I have an average 15rh in the winter. I definitely notice a slow down compared to In The summer when I can keep it at 5x that humidity, but it's not by a massive margin.

The biggest issue I see is the 102f. You want to try and aim for the 70s.

Also with your size of pots, make sure you're not overwatering

yeah! that was a horrible by product of the area- but i connected the in-line directly to A/c leach tube and taped it up - nice flow - the high now reads 88/ im as tickled as a pug in shit to have dialed this in. How can i use my t-5 and 1000 w led in unison for a veg to flower or does one cancel the other?

i did cut a small vent up high with that same inline that now pulls the AC. Seemed detrimental pulling my AC out of the sealed box. it’s nit air tight - cardboard and duct tape - i’m figuring this is the best i can get- maybe these AF get sacrificed a bit and in a few weeks when the cool weather hits , The Photoperiods should enjoy 70 degrees -
win some - win some!

What's the ambient of the room? You would probably be better off pulling exhaust out, and having passive air come in.

You should maintain a negative pressure (vaccum) in the tent . Not a positive pressure (balloon)

Maybe I'm missunderstsnding what you have set up.

But with that led, and a proper sized exhaust fan, you shouldn't be much warmer than 4 or 5 degrees above the temp of the room the tent is in.

Holy crap. Yeah. Far from optimal :p might have a tough time with those plants.

Is there no other place you can put them in that doesn't get quite so hot?

nope - the family has squeezed me into a corner- grandkid’s safety or something - lol today’s younger generation !! I’m pretty happy with the dryness of the ambient room as my over watering habits get corrected even in soil- I may not get highest and best from the gross but it’s working somewhat - looks like i kept the last 24 hours under 88 degrees .

Still to high,at those temps the trichomes May burn up or evaporate. If your going to continue to grow at higher temps u might consider seeds that grow in those temp’s, Mexican, comes to mind but there are many strains that grow closer to the equator and can take the heat to a point.
As far as the stunted autos are concerned stunned is stunned and will disappoint u if continue the grow.

i’m visioning an insulation of the cabin when i redo this to be a bit bigger anyway, i can fend off the ambient while drawing the ac/73 straight in-
I’m thinking to install a small exhaust that runs slow to effectively treat the air it draws into the carbon filter or filter inside and inline outside? but this flow may keep pressure manageable. the temp has stayed at 83 now since i’ve sealed the ac in line better - i’ll make this work by god

35-40rh, good for most hybrids, can be a little low for sats or sat dom plants.. can cause intersex.. with autos it won't be a problem though...

Back
Top Bottom