Heating the intake?

BlackSheep138

Ok, quick idea I had last night for ventilation on my 10x4' 6' tall tent.

The intake would be setup as follows:

Carbon filter and 2 ft ducting both in a separate room. I would then mount a 4" fan into the dividing wall. Followed by 2 feet of heat cable wrapped ducting, and leaving a 3 foot insulated duct between the heated ducting and a thermostat probe mounted in the duct directly fixed to the side of the tent 4" above the floor.

It would then enter the grow tent at my desired temperature in theory, reducing lost floor space having a heater.

My exhaust fan will be fixed to the roof on the opposing side of the tent. From there it will be directed 6 feet to a framed in basement window, and the carbon filter will be fixed to that frame outside.

Thoughts?

Fire risk and Watts pulled from the wall are my first thoughts.

I'm curious how hot the cord will get, I plan to do a trial run in my garage once I order it.

I also had the idea to attach the thermostat probe directly under the cord. The thermostat I have is a constant regulating and accurate down to .01°f so it will be an adventure.

The trial run is good sense.
I'm taking it that the duct is metal. I don't quite visualize the setup so please if you can, do post a pic or two from the garage in due course.
edit: Placing the probe under the cord will give you the cord temp not the air temp?
Mark.

Back
Top Bottom