Hello all, How many people have used bagged growing mix to make compost tea?

pointer80

Hello all, I want to make some compost tea but don't have no home made compost ready yet so I was going to use some "bagged soil" like coast of Maine growing mix to make my compost tea. I do have my own worm castings to add to the mix also. How many people use bagged soil mix to make compost tea? Thanks all.

Hello all, I want to make some compost tea but don't have no home made compost ready yet so I was going to use some "bagged soil" like coast of Maine growing mix to make my compost tea. I do have my own worm castings to add to the mix also. How many people use bagged soil mix to make compost tea? Thanks all.
Coast of main sells compost specifically and worm castings. Buy that and make ur tea with those. Soil doesn’t have alot of life like the castings and compost. Sum insect frass has alot of chitin in it which is good for ur plants cell growth to stop bugs and diseases from penetration as easy. Silica is another good thing to use. The fox farm red bottle has castings guano and tons of micro and macro life and is omri certified organic. But coast of main has a liquid line perfect for brewing teas and the stonington dry mix. Just read and choose what u need and your good. Also check out buildasoil.com they have great stuff for all organic. Best way to grow IMHO. Happy growing.

(Assuming that you are growing in soil) why not just add the compost, worm castings, etc to the soil.
You can, but when u brew a tea in a bucket with a air stones that make bubbles you are breeding microbes and benifical bacteria and fungi that is alive and goes to work faster. It helps break down what’s in the medium and make it available for the plant when the plant needs/wants it. Not forcing it down there throat like bottled salt nutrients. Brew for 12 to 24 hrs and after you water you can tell a difference in your plants within hrs to the next day. I would also use a brew bag and what’s left throw in ur compost pile or spread on top layer and feeder roots will come to the top to eat what’s on top if you have a good mulch layer. Please watch jermey from buildasoil season 2 he goes into great detail about organics and why it’s so good. He even had a whole episode on teas and how he uses them.

Thanks, but anytime someone gives me advice that includes them making some money from me I tend to be a bit sceptical. Not trying to trash build a soil or any other supplement companies. I use some organic supplements also, but few. More grows have been trashed over too many supplements ,nutes etc than by adding too few

Back
Top Bottom