Help! bubba kush in trouble!

medigreen

HELLO EVERYONE AT 420m forums! stumbled on this forum and was really impressed at the quality of information. Sadly, this is my 3rd grow and i've had some level of this deficiency in my last 2 grows. have this plant in 2/5ths promix, 2/5ths happy frog, 1/5 big & chunky perlite. I fertilize with the full earth juice line. With that being said, I'm thinking that this is either iron or sulfur. I bought and sprayed some maxicrop + iron and it really didn't seam to help. anyone have any suggestions?
Picture00110.jpg

Picture0045.jpg

Twisted leaves=pH problems .... usually.

What is your runoff pH?

DD

Twisted leaves=pH problems .... usually.

What is your runoff pH?

DD

6.5, i think the twisted leaves is due to the fact that I started watering with 6.2/6.3 water b/c i have a few in just promix and thats what i water them with.
do you think i should raise my input ph?

flush out the medium and let them sit untill next watering and give them a half dose of nutes higher on the nitrogen side. bk can handle nutes but looks like a lock out to me. check the ppm of your run off. you should feed them once then water twice befor feeding again.. most soils can sustain proper feeding the first 4 weeks or so with out adding nutes..

flush out the medium and let them sit untill next watering and give them a half dose of nutes higher on the nitrogen side. bk can handle nutes but looks like a lock out to me. check the ppm of your run off. you should feed them once then water twice befor feeding again.. most soils can sustain proper feeding the first 4 weeks or so with out adding nutes..

Flushed the pant in the picture. had a run off of 350ppm w/ slightly higher ph than input water. That feeding schedule sounds good.
I'm brewin a Earth Juice tea with 10ml grow(2-1-1), 5ml microblast, 5ml catalyst, 2.5ml hi-brix molasses(0-0-3), does this seam good to the EJ people out there?
I also have a bubba in a 75% promix 25%perlite. I've been feeding it lightly with every watering (250 ppm). is that normal or should i change to every other or some other schedule?
also, those were not my temps, the crappy thermometer was broken. temps are 68-80.
Probably a bunch a different questions for a bunch of different forums, but what'cha gonna do?:lot-o-toke:
thanks alot to everyone who's replied, its been real helpful having another opinion on things.

Flushed the pant in the picture. had a run off of 350ppm w/ slightly higher ph than input water. That feeding schedule sounds good.
I'm brewin a Earth Juice tea with 10ml grow(2-1-1), 5ml microblast, 5ml catalyst, 2.5ml hi-brix molasses(0-0-3), does this seam good to the EJ people out there?
I also have a bubba in a 75% promix 25%perlite. I've been feeding it lightly with every watering (250 ppm). is that normal or should i change to every other or some other schedule?
also, those were not my temps, the crappy thermometer was broken. temps are 68-80.
Probably a bunch a different questions for a bunch of different forums, but what'cha gonna do?:lot-o-toke:
thanks alot to everyone who's replied, its been real helpful having another opinion on things.

I'll run through this real quick. I'm running EJ and my own ProMix. I use the same Co's (Premier) peat moss and build my own.

A peat based mix is very acidic, EJ is even more acidic. If you don't have powdered dolomite lime in that mix, you will be battling pH problems from now on. The cause and the cure are just that simple. Cheap too, ~$5 for a 40# bag at Lowes. Powdered (Ground), NOT pellets or Hydrated.

"I" use 2tbl/gallon of mix or 1cup/CuFt of mix. Best added before use, but it can be top dressed. Takes a couple of weeks to work from top dressing.

Are you bubbling the EJ before use? Makes a world of difference to the good. Also, you don't need catalyst and molasses together, just use 1 or the other and alternate. I also limit the Micro Blast to 2x/month, the same with the Meta K. Easy to over do both.

How are you getting PPM's? I've never really seen EJ show up much on a PPM meter or any organics for that matter. A pH meter is what you need. PPM meter is for chem nutes.

Edit: check out some of my other posts and see the results from adding the lime. HTH

DD

I'll run through this real quick. I'm running EJ and my own ProMix. I use the same Co's (Premier) peat moss and build my own.

A peat based mix is very acidic, EJ is even more acidic. If you don't have powdered dolomite lime in that mix, you will be battling pH problems from now on. The cause and the cure are just that simple. Cheap too, ~$5 for a 40# bag at Lowes. Powdered (Ground), NOT pellets or Hydrated.

"I" use 2tbl/gallon of mix or 1cup/CuFt of mix. Best added before use, but it can be top dressed. Takes a couple of weeks to work from top dressing

I was using FF light warrior+happy on my first 2 grows and i had horrible ph problems towards the end of flowering. I switched to pro-mix b/c i was told that it only has one dose of nutes and already has the right amount of dolomite in it to compensate for the peat becoming acidic. Been thinkin maybe i should add a tiny amount for the peat in the happy frog but, idk.
Are you adding any amendments/fertilizers to your soil mix? how often do you water/fertilize? what do you keep your ph at?
I've been using this as a loose base for nutrients: A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?

Are you bubbling the EJ before use? Makes a world of difference to the good. Also, you don't need catalyst and molasses together, just use 1 or the other and alternate. I also limit the Micro Blast to 2x/month, the same with the Meta K. Easy to over do both.

How are you getting PPM's? I've never really seen EJ show up much on a PPM meter or any organics for that matter. A pH meter is what you need. PPM meter is for chem nutes.

Edit: check out some of my other posts and see the results from adding the lime. HTH

DD
i am bubbling my EJ mix, for 24-36hrs usually. I've heard 2 sides to the catalyst story, one being that it's just a jazzed up molasses mix and the other being though it has molasses in it, the real awesomeness is the other ingredients & beneficials. I've always had this question: should I prebubble the other ferts to a PH of 5.3 before adding the catalyst? it says on the bottle to maintain a ph between 5.3-6.4 ended up not doing the meta-k b/c of the 0-0-3 npk of the hi-brix. i'll have to check out some of ur posts.

cool, that sounds right. Do you think that, i should do the feed,water,water with my plant that's in promix & perlite or do an every other schedule?

I was using FF light warrior+happy on my first 2 grows and i had horrible ph problems towards the end of flowering. I switched to pro-mix b/c i was told that it only has one dose of nutes and already has the right amount of dolomite in it to compensate for the peat becoming acidic. Been thinkin maybe i should add a tiny amount for the peat in the happy frog but, idk.
Are you adding any amendments/fertilizers to your soil mix? how often do you water/fertilize? what do you keep your ph at?
I've been using this as a loose base for nutrients: A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?

I have quite a few amendments in my mix, ~11 or 12. That nute study is excellent, Jman and I have had quite a few conversations on EJ and amended mixes. Works well for both of us. I don't pH, no need with the lime and a healthy micro herd. I might check the run off every month or so, but usually not. It stays right ~6.5. I water ~every 5 days and nute once/week.

i am bubbling my EJ mix, for 24-36hrs usually. I've heard 2 sides to the catalyst story, one being that it's just a jazzed up molasses mix and the other being though it has molasses in it, the real awesomeness is the other ingredients & beneficials. I've always had this question: should I prebubble the other ferts to a PH of 5.3 before adding the catalyst? it says on the bottle to maintain a ph between 5.3-6.4 ended up not doing the meta-k b/c of the 0-0-3 npk of the hi-brix. i'll have to check out some of ur posts.

Add the cat or molasses to the nutes and bubble. Either are what kicks the nutes into gear. I usually go Mo, Mo, Cat, just because I'm cheap.

Get the Meta K, or better yet, ProTekt from Dyna-Gro. It provides both silicon and K and is really good stuff. The 0-0-3 in the Hi Brix isn't enough K for the plant. MJ is a real K hog. Kelp meal would be nice also.

I don't think you need to flush or cut the EJ back. You DO need to get your pH right and everything else will fall into place.

DD

Add the cat or molasses to the nutes and bubble. Either are what kicks the nutes into gear. I usually go Mo, Mo, Cat, just because I'm cheap.

Get the Meta K, or better yet, ProTekt from Dyna-Gro. It provides both silicon and K and is really good stuff. The 0-0-3 in the Hi Brix isn't enough K for the plant. MJ is a real K hog. Kelp meal would be nice also.

I don't think you need to flush or cut the EJ back. You DO need to get your pH right and everything else will fall into place.

DD

is there a natural/organic source of silica other than diatomaceous earth? I was thinking on my next batch, instead of using happy frog, to use earthworm castings, maybe some diatomaceous earth. :tokin: gettin a little ahead of myself here..
is it at all possible my nutes went bad? I've had my bottle of grow, micro and catalyst since march.

The DE will work, but is VERY slow. Even Jmansweed (author of the nute study) went with the Pro Tekt over the Meta K and was very happy with it. It's all I use now also. The 0-0-10 of the Meta K was real easy to over do. The DE is good if you recycle your soil, but if it takes 3 months to break down and you are running a 2 month strain ........

I have 2 worm bins, so yeah, I'm big on castings.

I don't think the micro or cat would go bad that fast. The grow, maybe, but it would really stink if it was. It smells anyway, but if it was bad .........

Get the lime!

DD

Would it be fine to add the dolomite to my soil mix when i transplant? or will that cause a ph problem?
Also,i use RO water b/c the city i live in puts all sorts of shit in the water supply. I've been adding general organics cal mag in my ferts. should i add it with all my waterings?

Would it be fine to add the dolomite to my soil mix when i transplant? or will that cause a ph problem?
Also,i use RO water b/c the city i live in puts all sorts of shit in the water supply. I've been adding general organics cal mag in my ferts. should i add it with all my waterings?

Yes, mix it in. You should still top dress the current containers/plants. It will fix the pH problem, not cause one.

I'm not a fan of RO water in soil unless it's REALLY bad. If the tap is 250ppm or less, it's fine for soil. Hydro is another story.

Watch the cal/mag after adding the lime since it also supplies cal/mag. You still might need some, but much less.

DD

Yes, mix it in. You should still top dress the current containers/plants. It will fix the pH problem, not cause one.

I'm not a fan of RO water in soil unless it's REALLY bad. If the tap is 250ppm or less, it's fine for soil. Hydro is another story.

Watch the cal/mag after adding the lime since it also supplies cal/mag. You still might need some, but much less.

DD

Went to the grow store and all they had was espoma "organic traditions" garden liime, it's made from dolomite(the bag says) but it's in grain form not power. will that due?

My only concern is that my water has high levels of fluorite in it. From what i've read, you have to put it through an ro filter to get it out of the water. I dont know how that's gonna effect my plants, being i'm trying to go all organic/medical.

Went to the grow store and all they had was espoma "organic traditions" garden liime, it's made from dolomite(the bag says) but it's in grain form not power. will that due?

My only concern is that my water has high levels of fluorite in it. From what i've read, you have to put it through an ro filter to get it out of the water. I dont know how that's gonna effect my plants, being i'm trying to go all organic/medical.

It will work, but better if you can pulverize some with a hammer.

What are 'high' levels of fluorite? What does the water co analysis say? Easy to find online, just search your city+water system and get the whole breakdown.

DD

Fluorite is like fluoride it does not evaperate like clorine if you let it sit out.The only ways to get it out of your water is reverse osmosis filter or a distiller.From what Ive read its not good stuff at all;not even good for your teeth.It gets in food and on food and its very hard to wash off.Droopy Dog,thanks for the insight on the EJ feeding.Stay Safe!!

@Droopy Dog

Can you speak more to your dislike of RO water vs tap water in soil? I'm in soil, and per several people's recommendation I use RO. None of them spoke to any downsides to RO so I'd love to expand my knowledge. It seemed like such a nobrainer that I didn't even consider that it could be the worse choice. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom