Need help to lower pH in Promix HP

Greenfamilytree

420 Member
Hey guys, new to the forum but i need help w my promix hp medium. Im useing Earth Juice Bigbloomin guano. I thought i had it right mixed like it was supposed to at half teaspoon per gal but ph climed to 8.1 and lower leaves on first 2 nodes have browned and curled. Top ones still look good but they are autos in there 3rd week and are only on the 5th node. Any suggestions please..tips welcome but lowering ph seems to b kinda an emergency but hey, its a new thing to me!

White vinegar lowers pH

Are you talking water pH, or run off pH
If it's yer soil mix is to hot, I'd guess a good flush with plain pH water

What's yer water pH at

White vinegar lowers pH

Are you talking water pH, or run off pH
If it's yer soil mix is to hot, I'd guess a good flush with plain pH water

What's yer water pH at
Hey, thanks for quick response. Its my soil ph itself. Im actually in the hospital recovering from surgery. It came quick so i had no other choice but to leave my wife to do my bidding and not by choice cuz im teaching her at the same time i figure out how to get my bearing back useing new updated equip. New to autos also but think ive got it figured out cuz they were doing great up till now. I figured it just got to hot also so i raised the 1200w led up a little higher. Im new to leds also. The water ph was around 7.0 when i mixed the half teaspoon to a gal of spring water trying to get it right useing exactly what directions called for. Seemed a lil high but things seemed to all balance out when i got started. Im only on the start of 4th week and they seemed to b off to a killer start. They are sprouting their 5th node and there is very little stretch between nodes. Im very pleased w how things were till this point and worried abt it cuz im not there to monitor them so im in a hurry to get em back to at least between 6-7 till i get home at the end of week! I had her water them last night w just plain spring water and told her to until i figured out something. Im hoping that may bring it down. White vinegar huh?

Ill have to have her check the ph on the run off. I reckon i didnt think to have her check that. Its frustrating for me yall cuz i had head trauma in my wreck and my memory is so messed up. Its only seemed to mess up my short term cuz i remember everything i learned over the years leading up to the trauma so i have to keep notes and ask questions folks but i thank everybody for their patience and help. This community seems to be the best thing ive ever seen and wished i wld of had all this help years ago!

Always start less than "the label" states (most folks start 1/4 to 1/2 what on the label as some strains can handle more than others and some really don't like a lot, and the companies rather you use more so you buy more ;) ), as easier to fix not enough than it is too much IMHO. Spring/well water is usually a lot higher PH than city water is to start with, but most nutrients drop the ph rather than raise it (or far as my limited experience goes with them). How far away are your LED's? It varies a lot on not only the brand but wattage but most typically fall around 20-30" in Veg and 10-15" in Flower once they quit stretching.

If flushing it dont help how do i use white vinegar to bring the ph down? Never used that before
Always start less than "the label" states (most folks start 1/4 to 1/2 what on the label as some strains can handle more than others and some really don't like a lot, and the companies rather you use more so you buy more ;) ), as easier to fix not enough than it is too much IMHO. Spring/well water is usually a lot higher PH than city water is to start with, but most nutrients drop the ph rather than raise it (or far as my limited experience goes with them). How far away are your LED's? It varies a lot on not only the brand but wattage but most typically fall around 20-30" in Veg and 10-15" in Flower once they quit stretching.
Thanks Dwight! Much appriciated. I have limited expeirence w the nutes also. Ill adjust my ammount of nutes cuz that was kinda what i thought it may b also. I flushed em all w plain spring water and im gonna just use it for a few days before i attempt to go back to the nutes. My lights are about 2 feet above the plants. I had her raise them abt 6 in from wear they were also

Pics would probably help folks help you when you are able to. Along with more info like how often you water, etc:

How to Ask for Grow Support

As really no such thing as "too much info" when it comes to this, as some issues mimic other issues and w/o info and pics it more throwing darts blindfolded kind of thing ;)

First, I grow in soil, YMMV. 1/4 teaspoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar per gallon reduces Ph 1 point. I test before during and after I make water and it's dead on every time to the tenth. ACV is supposed to be good for everything, especially unfiltered. Again, YMMV.

I use two drops of muriatic acid (you can get it at the hardware store for cleaning pipes) to bring my ph down using RO water. I also grow in pro mix go. If it’s burning up give er a little flush with proper ph d water and cut back a bit on feed regiment. They say that pro mix has ph buffers to help keep you in that adeal range but I never trust that or know how long and accurate it lasts throughout the cycle, that’s why I adjust every so slightly. 2 drops per gal for me, it ll change with tds.

Back
Top Bottom