Promix HP - Is it soil or hydro in regards to pH?

420smoker024

Hey all!
I know promix is a "soiless" mix meaning no soil technically but my question is should it be fed as a soil or as a hydro plant ph wise?

If the promix has nothing besides the mycorrhizae and the lime they already add in it, does that mean you should keep the ph at hydro levels? Or does the plant consider it's growing in soil?

Thanks guys

Hydro ph if your using soluble fertilizers. If you add organic amendments to the mix, then you should be using a "soil ph" although a soil that's working properly should balance it's own ph for at least a few months.

EDIT: Also, I believe that promix is fairly heavily buffered, especially considering the lime. So you might not even have to adjust the ph of your solution too much.

I'm sure someone will be by here with some actual past experience with promix and have something to say about it.

I just read up on their line and I have to say I am impressed. I wonder if I could use this as an amendment/conditioner to my super soil?

P.S..., I agree with that guy^^^
If you're not using soil, I'd stick to hydroponic Ph.

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

Ya I'm using FF solubles so im going to aim for 6. The ph seemed to be fine for about 6 weeks without ever checking it and then got a ca and p def from lockout. Was trying to get it to 6.2 minimum to fix the ca but seem to be flushing a lot to get there if I can and my best plants seem to be most stable around 5.8 ph run off even. Just want to allow the ca to be up taken but I'll stick to a high hydro ph for promix.

I wonder if I could use this as an amendment/conditioner to my super soil?

Yes this is what I plan to do my next round, veg in straight promix withcastings and then before the flip transplant into promix and some super soil ingredients so the soil will have fresh lime and lots of available food halfway thru it's life
Sounds good fanleaf thanks guys!

Ya the lime is starting to regulate ph after about two weeks from adding to the top soil every water (lime pellets). The run off is a constant 5.8, yee fuckin ph xP

Back
Top Bottom