Help germinated seed in bio canna, found some insects

Notts

hi, just planted some germinated seeds in a bio canna terra and perlite mix, been in a couple of days, not much action but in one today found a couple of tiny white/yellow lookin things there were deff moving not sure what they are tho, they seemed to of turned one of the germinated seeds into mush, what are these things and how can i get rid of them? they were actually in the soil.

Many thanks ;)

hi, just planted some germinated seeds in a bio canna terra and perlite mix, been in a couple of days, not much action but in one today found a couple of tiny white/yellow lookin things there were deff moving not sure what they are tho, they seemed to of turned one of the germinated seeds into mush, what are these things and how can i get rid of them? they were actually in the soil.

Many thanks ;)
If you can get pics it might help.
I can only guess.. but I'd say Root Aphids(Pic).
In soil close up(Pic)

cant get pics as threw the pot straight out, they looked like little white fleas, one even jumped a huge distance, dont think it is aphids, but thanks any other ideas???

Hmm.. maybe Thrips or Springtails?
Thrips usually like new growth tips but don't generally hang out in the soil.

On the other hand Springtails do live in soil but generally do not harm plants. They will eat decaying plant matter, so your seed may have just "rotted" and they came to snack. Not many insecticides deal with these, they're kind of a primitive bug.

But I'm no expert.

ok, thanks for the input dude, have checked again and cant find any more, altho humidity was at 100% :S

I think that I have some of this in my soil too (not canna). I think that are springtail but this tiny things are really faster to see it the microscope. I see more of these under the pot.

Back
Top Bottom