Help with Lights of America 65 watt floodlight..

Horizontal

Many thanks to everyone on here plus a couple of other sites one of which was shut down some time ago. After growing for 7-8 years its finally time to post a question which i cant find the answer for. Hopefully Racefan can help me out , i see you have the same floodlights and was wondering if you softwired them and if so what size wire did you use and did you ground them ?. Apart from the diy computer fan thing i`ve never tried any electrical diy in my room (just to be on the safe side). Once again many thanks to everyone past and present who have helped me with my green thumb.Hopefully i can figure out how to add photos so this can go on to the diy forum ...

I bought a couple of them when Costco had them at $10 apiece. I used 16-gauge 2-conductor lamp cord to wire them, no ground.

Actually, I cut the ends off a couple of cheap extension cords and used that.

They also have a day/night sensor that needs to be taped over.

Thanks for that , i picked one up at a garage sale last weekend . Home depot has them on sale down here in the desert for $29.00 at the moment, so when i nip in to get the extension cords i may invest in another one . When i can figure out the picture resizing and posting thing i will add the photos of my venture into electrical diy. Thanks again .. PS... how do these lights work for vegging (early stages)?..

Thanks again Setting Sun , thay`ve been done a couple of weeks now , forgot to post the photos. So here thay are ..
Stuck_some_black_tape_over_the_little_censor_thing.jpg
One_done_inside_the_other_one.jpg
Hanging_bracket.jpg
Finished1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom