Hemp History Week

Truth Seeker

This June 3rd to 9th is the 4th Annual Hemp History Week. What do you know about Cannabis and Hemp? Are you aware that Kentucky legalized Industrial Hemp? That 20 states and the District of Columbia have granted their patients the protection of taking medical marijuana and many other states, such as ours, have been trying to pass similar legislation for years? That some states are devaluing the stigma attached to this plant by legalizing it for adult use? Or other Countries have either completely decriminalized or legalized its use? Are you intrigued to learn more of this blessing seed, to receive honest education of cannabis for a change, and ready to realize the urgency to discard the wrongful and greedy federal outlawing of Cannabis? Cannabis and Hemp hold the answer for many of our earthly and manmade problems; such as ending world hunger, deforestation, and our non biodegradable waste, lessening the use and abuse of actually dangerous substances, treating and preventing a vast amount of aliments, and even reducing suicide. Yes, Cannabis can do all that, if we want, let, and demand it.

Many of us are aware the prohibitionists of the reefer madness era put an end to our doctors prescribing cannabis extracts, which are now labeled as a wonder drug. For the first time, in the early 20th Century our government wrongfully prohibited American farmers from planting a seed, diminishing our use of the natural cycle and robbing our earth of Gods multi-beneficial seed. This intrusion of Government was successful because of the manipulating campaign which was set up to divide and conquer us by introducing fear with an unknown, and still unnecessarily, over feared word marijuana or marihuana... oops I said the M word.

I am thrilled we, Kentucky, are starting to embrace our history with this miraculous seed and very versatile plant. I applaud our past and current elected officials for going to DC in efforts to secure a waiver for Kentucky to once again cultivate our heritage.

Our distant ancestors grew what they called Indian Hemp and with careful selection and breeding we started improving the genetics of this flowering plant. With newly adapted genetics near the time our founding fathers greatly valued this plant, we started to use the word Indian Hemp less and replaced it with True Hemp. After the 18th Century this crucial plant finally was being grown in our beautiful state, where honorably it was introduced to the best breeders and they bred an ideal strain specifically for our climate and Hemp industries and it was called none other than Kentucky Hemp.

Just as Indian Hemp traveled, with the help of bright humans from Country to Country, we passed along our Kentucky Genetics to other hemp producing states. Since the prohibition of our plant, our heirloom genetics along with our hemp industries have became nearly extinct. Even with the many adaptations and name changes of this hemp plant it is still scientifically a Cannabis Sativa plant, a plant which should be on the endangered plant species list. Also, a fun fact is we weren't overly worried about unnecessary THC limits when our farmers grew this plant in the past, nor was Kentucky Hemp tested or do I believe that it met the requirements of our newly enforced and manipulating term Industrial Hemp.

Either our farmers had True Hemp with more than 0.3% THC or our doctors heavily extracted Hemp to derive medicine, I happen to think both are correct. I do know they didn't waste their time on, or the prosperity of, their hemp industries with over bloated worries of THC.

The Industrial Hemp organizers know this and know THC is very valuable to their "Industrial Hemp".

Even though Industrial Hemp is supposed to only contain negligible amounts of the demonized THC, if one aspires to become a Hemp breeder, according to our legislation we passed earlier this year which legalized industrial hemp, one can forget the still manipulating stigma of Marihuana and the 0.3% restriction of THC and can cultivate Hemp with up to 7% THC which is more THC than most, illegally, have access to here.

We are still divided and are still conquered by reefer madness and the works of prohibitionists. Hemp high in THC is not the devils lettuce and should not be referred to as Marihuana or even Marijuana. Our doctors in the past did not prescribe medical marijuana they prescribed extracts of the Cannabis plant. Our farmers in the past did not grow industrial Hemp, yes it may have been a different strain of Cannabis but they still grew and processed cannabis for the purpose of their Hemp industries, which no one can prove to me met the over regulated requirements of our industrial hemp definition.

Cannabis has been growing on our planet longer than even our time on this earth. Records reveal our ancestors had a grand understanding of both the growing and processing of this crucial cannabis plant, as a discovered hemp fabric dates back twelve thousand years ago. Even before the time of Jesus, many nations declared cannabis the most profound of all medicinal plants, and is believed to be contained in the Holy Anointing Oil. Our communities depended on Cannabis and our farmers and doctors used cannabis for our bettering. Now our justice system and those who lobby to keep cannabis illegal make a living off of the illegality of cannabis. Our government is stealing the ownership of a seed; God's seed, mother earth's seed, and our seed. We must unite to end their corrupt hold.

Let this national Hemp week intrigue one to research more into the blessings of this seed and the urgency to discard the wrongfully and greedily placed stigma of marijuana. Let's not be divided anymore and come together for true justice. We can end world hunger and allow malnourished kids to eat something more fulfilling and nourishing than mud cakes. We can end deforestation and start to reverse our polluting waste problems. We can reduce the number of suicides among our veterans. We can provide an exit drug for our out of control prescription abuse and rising heroin use. We can prevent Cancer, type 2 diabetes, seizures from epilepsy, the progression of multiple sclerosis and increase the quality of life for several if not all. And we can do all of this, plus more I know I am either leaving out or am still ignorant of, with the Cannabis seed.

From just the stalks and seeds of cannabis we can easily derive environmental respectable paper, rope, cloth, clothing, particle board, oils for cooking, fuel, lubricants, and plastics, along with human and animal food, tofu', and even flour. It just doesn't stop there though; the medicinal wonders of cannabis have yet to be fully researched and developed. We can come together and end this corrupt outlawing along with the despicable and devastating effects of the criminalization of this plant and all those who use it. Enjoy your 4th Annual Hemp Week!

Kentucky_Passes_Hemp.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: state-journal.com
Author: Jacob Shepherd

Back
Top Bottom