Hemp wine

vintner

I make my own wine. Anyone ever tried to brew up some cannabis wine before? Does the THC make it through frementation and into the wine? I'd hate to waiste a bag of good herb on a bunch of yeast.
Thanks vin

Nope, never heard of it in wine though I have seen beer crafted from cannabis.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure THC is alcohol soluble. IDK about letting it ferment with the wine, but right before, and/or after the wine is finished, you could let some buds soak in the wine for a few days/weeks, however long that would take. That's all I can think of that might work. Cannabis wine would sure hit the spot after a long day. Good luck with that experiment ... and let us know if you succeed!

o_O I just have one question. Why? I mean isn't smoking it enough? You can smoke it you can vape it you can eat it why do we have to drink it?

dagothaulak said:
o_O I just have one question. Why? I mean isn't smoking it enough? You can smoke it you can vape it you can eat it why do we have to drink it?

People are always thinking of new ways to get high. Some people really hate smoking and so want to find a ways to get high by eating it and possibly making a drink. People love a great tasing drink that gets 'em buzzed! I know I like an occasional White Russian or some Rum and Cola.

If there was a drink that tasted like Orange Soda and contained 20% THC, and gave me the same high that smoking gives, I would drink that shit all the time! I would still smoke, but much less often, because I like the ritual of smoking :Rasta: :peace:

MR sHibbZ said:
If there was a drink that tasted like Orange Soda and contained 20% THC, and gave me the same high that smoking gives, I would drink that shit all the time! I would still smoke, but much less often, because I like the ritual of smoking :Rasta: :peace:

20%???!!! DUDE, how much THC is in normal bud? I would expect to probably get less after fermentation. I don't know how heavy the THC molecule is either, but wine sits and ages for up to a year, and a lot of the heavier protiens and particles eventually sucum to gravity and settle to the bottom w/the dead yest cells.
Would like to talk to someone who's at least tried it before I give it a shot.
Thanks for all the replies so far.
Vin

lol I was (and still am) really blitzed when I wrote that. I think THC potency, with shwag in general can range from 2% - 12%, and the rest is 13% - 35%, maybe higher, IDK what newer, more potent strains have been grown.

All I know is that you can make a tincture out of grain alcohol (or anything with alcohol in it really, but higher proofs work better). You just soak the weed in the alcohol. Now, I hear if you use good bud, a few drops of that will get you high.
As PurpleMonkey about it.

As for actual weed wine, I'm sure its possible, (assuming you know whether or not its possible to make wine out of a plant like cannabis, because I don't know the first thing about winemaking), and I'm inclined to guess that you would get some sort of THC buzz, but don't take my word for it. There are better methods anyway.

J842P said:
it.

As for actual weed wine, I'm sure its possible, (assuming you know whether or not its possible to make wine out of a plant like cannabis, because I don't know the first thing about winemaking)
Oh it's possible dude. You can ferment anything you can eat that doesn't kill you. Now weather it makes a good wine or not is a differnt story. [/QUOTE] There are better methods anyway.[/QUOTE]
Now what would those be?
thanks Vin

vintner said:
Now what would those be?
thanks Vin
Well you can cook, vaporize or make a tincture, as I described above.

So none of you old timers have ever tried to make or even tasted hemp/cannabis wine? Is there anyone here that has brewed beer w/it that could tell me if you get a lot of the THC in your end product? The more I think about it, I like the idea of putting it in some wine that has already been aged for a while. Sort of like adding oak cubes or vanilla beans to wine.
Vin

vinter, please if you get a chance please document a recipe or something on how you would add marijuana to a wine as well as a the process to make wine. I think that is a great idea.

My dad makes his own wine, its pretty good. He has only done 2 batches, the first was 2 5 gallon batches, one of Niagra(white grape juice grapes) and the other was Catalba(?) they are a wine specific grape but both are delicious. His last round was 20 gallons of 4 different types though. I would love to try to make CannaWine. Hopefully if it works after a little bit I will try it, so please give it a shot vinter, it would be awsome.

that sounds absolutely delicious haha. i used to drink a lot, before i started smoking. after that, starting junior year of high school, i was a natural stoner. last semester we had a 6 foot bong, must've hit it like 4 times a day. it was a bit crazy up at school hehe. i agree, you should definitely post a recipe when you figure it out.

OMG! Ok, this is going to be a very long post. For starters, I will not type out the entire process on how to make wine from scratch. If you want that kind of information, do a web search for 'Jack Keller', go to his site, and start reading on the basic processes of making wine at home. It's not that hard or expensive, but typing it all out here would be very labor intensive for me. If you do try this and run into problems or have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me and I do my best to answer them or give you a hand.
Second, I do not buy pot. Call me paranoid, but I have a family to support and I do that by maintaining a profesional license. I will never put my lecense at risk by buyinig grass from someone I don't know. I do have an idea that might get me enough though to try making some cannawine some time next fall.
Now, there are several methods you could use. I would not recommend fermenting the bud right along w/the wine. I think the chlorophyle and other plant matter would give you a pretty shitty flavored wine.
The first method would be to take 2 onces of dry bud per gallon of wine and put it in a sauce pan w/a tight fitting lid. Add about 2 pint (4 cups) or so of water and bring it to a boil. Take it off the heat, put the lid on and let it steep for anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. Since you're not really trying to extract flavor from the bud, I'd say an hour would be sufficient. strain it all through some cheese cloth, squeeze it really good to get all the fluid out, and add the juice to a basic wine recipe for Welches white grape juice wine. (Recipe can be found on Jack Kellers web site under "requested recipies".) This method will take a minimum of 9 months to obtain a drinkable wine.
The second thing you could try is to buy a bottle of light dry white wine. I would try to get one w/a screw top lid so you can reseal it easier. Pour about a 1/2 cup of the wine into a very clean glass, plastic would probably be better, cause you're going to be pouring some of the wine back into the bottle. For every 750ml's, you'd take about a 1/4 once of bud and break it up so you can get it all into the bottle of wine. (For a one gallon jug of wine I'd use at least 2 onces.) Now pour the wine back into the bottle untill there's only about a inch of room left. stand it up some place warm. Like on top of your refridgerator. and leave it or a month or more. You can shake it every so often if you'd like. After a month or so, either syphon the clear wine off the crap on the bottom w/some air hose from a fish tank, or pour it off really slow, or through some cheese cloth or a coffee filter or something. If it's not strong enough, let it sit for longer next time.
Like I've said earlier, I'm not sure how much THC you'll end up w/in the end product, and I dought it will taste as good as plain wine, but I plan to try both of these methods some time down the road when I can get my hands on enough grass. If anyone tries it sooner than me, I'd sure love to know what kind of results you obtain.
Vin

I just thought of another thing that might work and give you even quicker results and would be a lot cleaner too. You could try to sift the THC out of the grass like you would if you were going to make hash, and add that to a bottle of wine. Again, I'd use about a 1/4 once per 750ml bottle of wine. Shake up up good, and let it sit anywhere from a day to a month.
Vin

I would rather have the 1/4 Oz of rezin and make hash.

GanjaMaster420 said:
:peace: I know this is a little off subject but how the hell do you do that line thingy to divide your message and your quote?:peace:
It just appears when you create a quote dude.
Vin

So none of you old timers have ever tried to make or even tasted hemp/cannabis wine? Is there anyone here that has brewed beer w/it that could tell me if you get a lot of the THC in your end product? The more I think about it, I like the idea of putting it in some wine that has already been aged for a while. Sort of like adding oak cubes or vanilla beans to wine.
Vin
I have a friend that makes it. Awesome stuff. Raspberry to boot. Great way to welcome guest's to your home.
I've tried to get the recipe and only come home with a few bottles. Haha

Back
Top Bottom