Hermied seeds

oldtimer

I had a plant that hermed a little and ended up with 5 seeds from it,my question is will these seeds be any good and all female,are hermies?I got a good harvest just dont understand where those seeds got in the picture,ty in advance.

my last grow had a couple of buds that had a few in them and that was it. i think it's just from a small amount of stress that they underwent at some point during the grow. it was my first grow, so obviously some things went wrong. but we got about 7 seeds out of an ounce or so of bud. not bad i guess...

Sounds right cause i was doing alot of LST on it,just wondered if the seeds are Good,i dont care if there even a male il use the pollen to cross with another strain it was a AK47 and i like crossing strains.I have planted 1 and it was a herm for sure, but i had a damn rat get in my grow area and eat a hole thru my mylar and the Veggin chamber light was getting to my flower chamber!!!I have planted the rest and they are doing good just dont want them to polenate my other strains,when i go to the 12/12 photoperiod.

i hope LST doesn't do that cuz i got 2 of my girls on it right now. i guess it could, but i thought it was one of those stresses that was okay

I had a plant that hermed a little and ended up with 5 seeds from it,my question is will these seeds be any good and all female,are hermies?I got a good harvest just dont understand where those seeds got in the picture,ty in advance.

Your plant was a hermaphrodite and pollinated itself. Look on the bright side.
The seeds are 100% female because nature took over and hermed your plant to create seeds. Or, the not so bright side. Your plant hermed due to poor growing enviorments. IE erradict light cycles, poor nutrition, heat stress etc. If this happens the the seeds will be female with possible hermaphrodite tendancies.

Your plant was a hermaphrodite and pollinated itself. Look on the bright side.
The seeds are 100% female because nature took over and hermed your plant to create seeds. Or, the not so bright side. Your plant hermed due to poor growing enviorments. IE erradict light cycles, poor nutrition, heat stress etc. If this happens the the seeds will be female with possible hermaphrodite tendancies.

Stix are you saying that if you have feminised seeds (i bought some from barneys), that they might naturally create some seeds and that those are totally feminised? do all plants always do that as a natural way of reproduction or can plants grow with absolutely no seeds?

If there were no males in your grow room then those seeds are 100% female. Sometimes Mother nature takes over if the plant has not been polinated and will cause a plant to become hermaphrodite in order to keep the species going. Sometimes the plant will become hermaphrodite due to stress. If this happens then it's more of a possibility that those seeds may become hermaphrodite. Either way all seeds from hermaphrodite plants are 100% female. If they are seeds from stressed plants they have a greater chance of becoming hermaphrodites themselves.

I've planted over 100 seeds from hermed plants in the past with near 100% female results. In the beginning I used all feminzed seeds. So I saved every seed I could find in my bud. Sometimes I would find 50 seeds in 1 plant and a few in surrounding plants and none in the rest. That just meant that the one with 50 seeds was the hermed plant. I NEVER got a male from a seed I planted from a hermed plant. It's impossible. It's basic genetics.

and no. Not all plants will herm out. It's not a common thing.

If there were no males in your grow room then those seeds are 100% female. Sometimes Mother nature takes over if the plant has not been polinated and will cause a plant to become hermaphrodite in order to keep the species going. Sometimes the plant will become hermaphrodite due to stress. If this happens then it's more of a possibility that those seeds may become hermaphrodite. Either way all seeds from hermaphrodite plants are 100% female. If they are seeds from stressed plants they have a greater chance of becoming hermaphrodites themselves.

I've planted over 100 seeds from hermed plants in the past with near 100% female results. In the beginning I used all feminzed seeds. So I saved every seed I could find in my bud. Sometimes I would find 50 seeds in 1 plant and a few in surrounding plants and none in the rest. That just meant that the one with 50 seeds was the hermed plant. I NEVER got a male from a seed I planted from a hermed plant. It's impossible. It's basic genetics.

and no. Not all plants will herm out. It's not a common thing.
They were all clones so no males.And being i only got a few i guess its a grow and see kinda thing?Are do you think its waste cause i have plenty of good beans,heck im just gonna do the 2 i have now and see what happens.I just dont get how it could determine whether to make females are hermaphodites,i dont see it reasoning!!!LOL are am i missing the hole point!OK, i gotcha now just wondered why it didnt just grow male or female seeds to keep up its lifecycle.I am sure it was heat stress cause i live where it was over 100f for 3weeks and could not maintain my res or room temps!

thanx stix for the help on this one. you prolly just saved me money in the future. plus i can share the wealth with some friends so they can see if they have the greenthumb like the rest of us!!

Back
Top Bottom