Home Testing vs Lab

MAC1967

Ok, so I'm stressing out big time. I have a custody hearing in Family Court next week, and my ex is using my weed smoking against me. I haven't smoked in around 45 days and my lawyer wanted me to go get tested so she could use the results in court to refute her allegations and strengthen my case. So I went and purchased TWO "First Check" home test kits from CVS pharmacy. I bought two just to be sure. Over the weekend, after drinking a 32. oz bottle of Gatorade, I pissed into the test cup a couple hours later after I pissed most of the Gatorade out. According to the results key, I passed even though the "drug" line was barely visible. Same story this morning. So I went to one of the Court approved testing facilities today about 3 hours after chugging Gatorade, and gave my sample. From your experiences, do I have anything to worry about since I tested negative TWICE using the "First Check" kit? As a side note, I'm REALLY glad I didn't try to use substitute piss, since there was a guy in the room watching me the entire time. I would have been SCREWED!!

Usually you want to check yourself first thing in the morning before to really show if you're clean. But using the dilution method and showing negative on 2 test strips you should be ok.
And yeah, never try to sub for a court ordered test. Its an immediate felony if you get caught.

Back
Top Bottom