How a Stoner Utopia Went Up in Smoke

SirBlazinBowl

Two days before the 9/11 attacks that led to war in the name of democracy, two Michigan men were shot to death for simply trying to exercise the very rights their country was now supposedly fighting for. On a remote farm that they owned in southwest Michigan, Tom Crosslin and Rollie Rohm created their own peaceful utopia called Rainbow Farm. Essentially a campground, it quickly grew amidst Tom and Rollie's libertarian attitudes into the center of marijuana and environmental activism in the state.

"Burning Rainbow Farm", written by Dean Kuipers, chronicles the history and events that led up to the murders of Tom and Rollie and a fire that burned the farm to the ground. Stephen King could not have conjured up such a monster as County Prosecutor Scott Teter, who spearheaded the nightmare that was about to land on Rainbow Farm. He created a task force specifically designed to shut down the farm, harass festival-goers with roadblocks, and infiltrate the crowd with narks, desperate for anything to use against this embarrassment and potential threat to his political career. When marijuana plants were found on the farm, it was all Teter needed to unleash his army of darkness. Tom and Rollie were arrested for growing marijuana and faced minimum prison sentences. Rollie's 11-year-old son was taken away and placed in foster care. A bit of drool slid down Teter's fang, but he wasn't done yet — he wanted to take the farm away too. Forfeiture laws allowed him to seize the property, but not until the defendant was found guilty. He went ahead anyway. When Tom and Rollie realized what was happening they vowed that their land would not be taken from them... or at least, there would be nothing left to take.

Author Dean Kuipers has done a tremendous amount of research and has talked to virtually everyone who was involved. This is a must-read for everyone, not just the cannabis culture. The War on Drugs is a real war, no different than any other war that's ever been fought. Scott Teter wields the Sheriff's Dept, Michigan State Police, ATF, the FBI, and DEA like any army general. He set them on Rainbow Farm, and at the end of the day the army had completed their mission and Tom and Rollie lay dead. It's true the pair had taken up weapons to defend their land, but a professional army sniper can take the head off a pin at 600 yards. It evidently wasn't possible to shoot the 'suspects' in the leg; instead there were two shots, two kills. Of course it was found to be "justifiable homicide" — but then, none other than Scott Teter investigated it internally."Burning Rainbow Farm: How a Stoner Utopia Went Up in Smoke" is a true testimony to the absolute madness of the War on Drugs. It illustrates completely that we do not have the right to free speech or to bear arms. It also shows the malicious intent and the monstrous actions by men and women of law enforcement who are willing to kill to protect their paychecks. They do this without remorse or any sense of peril because they know they are fighting a war against people who are not shooting back.

This incident was a horrible nightmare, completely vicious in it's intent. I encourage everyone to buy this book, as it needs to be on the best-seller list so the rest of society will read it too. Although, when you delve into this terrifying true story, I suggest leaving the light on.

Newshawk: SirBlazinBowl - 420 Magazine
Source: Cannabis Culture
Copyright: 2006 Cannabis Culture
Author: Greg Williams

Post a link to the book on Amazon. And if 420times can get a referral credit all the better...

:peace:

The biggest crime family in the U.S.A is the oppressive and deceitful Congress and Executive Branch of the Bush Crime Enterprise. House of Saudi and House of Bush are so closely aligned that Osama bin Laden and Dubya bin Bush are oil family cuzins!

Killing enterprising citizens is more like a mafia hit than it is enforcing the law.

Ugly..

i remember this story... very crazy shit that ended up happening, and for no reason either

I am from michigan and rememeber going for a festival once.I had a great deal of fun.I also remember all this going on. I was stuned.Still in shock.I will get this book. I want to know what realy went down here.All we got on the local news was Pot growers pulled gun on feds and had to be shot. You know to save the world from thoose evil people having a farm some animals a few festivals.What bullshit.I can recall the signs on our way into the campsite telling us who our money for camping there went to run there animal shelter.
The goverment turly wants and expects us to think some pot growing hippes who ran a campground,animal shelter,festival site where piling up guns . I want to know the facts so i can see what was going on and get these type of people off our police force.Even pot growing hippies have the right not to be shot in the head. I cant belive there was no other way to end this problem then people dying.Should i just think oh theres another casultie of the war on drugs. Well i dont I think of them like our founding fathers. Forced to pick up guns to protect themsevles from a goverment. One that was trying agin to force thier value of living on others. I feel unarmed to defend myself in the war of drugs with just my vote.I worry all the time about some gun slinging cop taking my home cus i have a little weed that helps my medical problems. Now its not just my land but they can shoot me in the head if i have guns here. I dont and i am scared.

As a Police Science/Personnel Administrator graduate I have the following for your consideration...
I have NOT yet read the book...I WILL.
BUT, consider this:
Every police department...FBI, BATFucks, local, county, and state...all of them currently have SHOOT-TO-KILL policies when confronting ARMED suspests.

WHY?????

Because of how many LAW SUITS wounded suspests have filed....and succeeded with.

While I am NOT condoning the NEED to kill; it is the VOTERS who granted such powers through a desire to SAVE MONEY in their districts/venues.

Blame OURSELVES...not the police...

And if you think for ONE minute that lawsuits can't be equally INSANE to the crux of this story...consider the Stella awards this year...I have the top five (5) awards for anyone who wants to see them. Remember the HOT cup of coffee at McDonalds lawsuit...hence the STELLA AWARDS in "honor" of that BITCH! and her SUCCESSful lawsuit.

Here's #1:
*1st Place**:* This year's runaway winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski of
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot
Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football
game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70
mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back & make herself
a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and
overturned. Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the
owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her
$1,750,000. plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their
manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other
complete morons around.

ANY wonder why law enforcement agencies are so PARANOID of lawsuits?????

REMEMBER please before you vent at me....that I do NOT condone this policy...just putting BLAME where it belongs...on the VOTERS and JURIES!

You want POSITIVE change...BE INVOLVED in your GOVERNMENT at MANY levels...don't just bitch...MAKE change...RISK and we MAY succeed in making changes for the better....BUT TALK IS CHEAP!!!!:headbanger:

I loved that place > it is a sad time for all that ever went i burned with tom and rollin and they we the nices guys with a dream of freedom to smoke is OUR choice. not the govorments!
rest in peace friends

Back
Top Bottom