How do you measure your PPM's?

Far East Buds

Hello everyone!

I was curious in Hydro how everyone measures their PPM's? Do you add the cal/mag and nutes etc and that it your basis? Or do you not include things in your final PPM value?

Currently I am using my TDS and what it tells me is what I consider the value. But i know some people use the TDS to do some of it then add cal/mag... or others after.. Not in the figure for the goal they shoot for....

Just curious...

Thanks for looking

FE

I measure ppm of my water. Add my nutrients, supplements, and usually ph down. Then measure ppm again. I subtract the initial reading from the last getting a number that I use as a reference for ppm of nutrients.I do not use a cal/mag supp though so I'm not sure how that would affect the ppm readings.

I already have tested all my nutrients, supplements, or additives so I know aprox what my ppm will be with my RO water for each milliliter given of each product.

If using RO water you would put cal/mag or silicon in first followed by the other (stirring after each product), then when putting in base nutrients A first stir, then B stir...or 3 part base nutrient always put Micro in first (stirring after each), then Grow, and then Bloom, then additives such as PK/ Bloom booster, enzymes, fungi, bacteria, carbs etc. Then pH to what medium you're using...total soup - ppm of RO/tap = nutrient ppm.

I already have tested all my nutrients, supplements, or additives so I know aprox what my ppm will be with my RO water for each milliliter given of each product.

If using RO water you would put cal/mag or silicon in first followed by the other (stirring after each product), then when putting in base nutrients A first stir, then B stir...or 3 part base nutrient always put Micro in first (stirring after each), then Grow, and then Bloom, then additives such as PK/ Bloom booster, enzymes, fungi, bacteria, carbs etc. Then pH to what medium you're using...total soup - ppm of RO/tap = nutrient ppm.

I do the same but I add my base first .. I use Lucas formula so micro and bloom.. I stir a lot ..

I was just asking this because I wonder if for example there is a max Cal/mag it can handle and a max nute base it can handle.. and Supplement max PPM it can handle...

Of course every strain would be different. I believe in less is more and my second DWC is perpetual and doing well. But I wonder if I should be mixing my ppm's different than I am if that makes sense....

Thanks again quick responses...

FE

I measure ppm of my water. Add my nutrients, supplements, and usually ph down. Then measure ppm again. I subtract the initial reading from the last getting a number that I use as a reference for ppm of nutrients.I do not use a cal/mag supp though so I'm not sure how that would affect the ppm readings.

I do the same essentially but with the cal magg. but I have really low ppm (40-45) base water so I keep it in my measurement because I am uncertain what it consists of. I need to get the listing someday.

FE

I try to grow in four stages and it has worked for a long lon long time.

Rooted seedlings with 2-3 sets or true leave or cuttings/clones = 250-300 ppm
Mid veg 300-500 ppm
start flower 500-700 ppm
mid flower 700-800 (max 1100 ppm) depending on strain, hardly ever get to 1000 ppm, slowly decreasing towards end of flower so they can use up reserves and PK/ Bloom booster and flush out clean....this is RDWC.

Just letting you know that cal/mag or silica/silicon has to go in first in RO water.:)

I try to grow in four stages and it has worked for a long lon long time.

Rooted seedlings with 2-3 sets or true leave or cuttings/clones = 250-300 ppm
Mid veg 300-500 ppm
start flower 500-700 ppm
mid flower 700-800 (max 1100 ppm) depending on strain, hardly ever get to 1000 ppm, slowly decreasing towards end of flower so they can use up reserves and PK/ Bloom booster and flush out clean....this is RDWC.

Just letting you know that cal/mag or silica/silicon has to go in first in RO water.:)

What do you use cal/mag.. nutes base and a flower supp?

GH Calimagic
AN pH Perfect 3 part GMB (Grow, Micro, Bloom)
GH KoolBloom or AN Big Bud

Also, if you use AN pH perfect you don't have to pH at first, it usually in my case holds at 5.7-5.8pH for my RDWC, but it will wear off after 7 days or so and my reservoir can go 10-12 days so I half to watch at that point and adjust until I change reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom