How long should i go 24/0?

fallss

I planted my seeds last week and now they are about 1.5-2 inches tall. How long can I go at 24/0 lighting? I'm using a 90w LED and will soon be implenting a 120w LED to complement.

High Fallss,

You can go 24/0 until your ready to go 12/12. How ever its really not needed at all and in fact plants actually benefit from a daily dark time. During the dark period the plant has time to expel all the energy they built up during the lights on period. When I ran 24/0 There was a constant growth rate at which the plants would grow, how ever when running a few hours of darkness I'd check on the next day to find they have jumped in size a lot more than they would have with the steady growth of 24/0. while the lights are on the plant is taking in light and converting it into the building blocks for growth. Doing both requires a lot of work on the plants behalf, giving it dark gives it time to rest from absorbing and converting energy to actually utilizing it.

Like I said though going 24/0 never hurt anything but your electric bill. :blunt:

great fucking post man, ive been arguing with my friend about the plants dark times and i switched her to 12/12. and its been growing great if not better under 12/12 than 24/0. but u said like i said the plants benefit from their down time they need time to convert their energy..

im trying a grow with 2 norther lights seeds, and 2 randoms from some seed bank
im going to do 18/6 untill budding then 12/12 . ill post my results =)

Back
Top Bottom