How much and how long do you flush with h2o2 to get rid of root rot?

bseeton1

my first time flushing my hydro was curious how much to use vs the manufacturers spec of 3ml per 4 liters. using ro water ph 7.6 or so.

pH is really high for hydro, should be 5.5-6.0

Are you using air-stones in your reservoir? What is the temperature of the water?

If you can I would recommend buying Hygrozyme, amazing product for roots. Also some soluble mychorrizea would be great too.

pH is really high for hydro, should be 5.5-6.0

Are you using air-stones in your reservoir? What is the temperature of the water?

If you can I would recommend buying Hygrozyme, amazing product for roots. Also some soluble mychorrizea would be great too.

its a """FLUSH""" only and i run all you listed and still got a little rot going on ;)

it was about 76 now ive got it down to 71. my bubblers were actually convecting the heat from the compressors into the system till i put fans on them. these aquafarm compressors actually got hot enough to start blackening the hose coming of the discharge port. i'm running 8 of these 4 as bubblers 4 as farm kit waterers.I don't think they can handle a 24/7 duty cycle for to long. I checked the intake filters on them and they weren't dirty enough at the time to cause the heat problem.I had been on a 15 on 15 off period to allow the pumps to cool but now i'm on 30/15 and will increase till i know the pumps wont fail or over heat

it was about 76 now ive got it down to 71. my bubblers were actually convecting the heat from the compressors into the system till i put fans on them. these aquafarm compressors actually got hot enough to start blackening the hose coming of the discharge port. i'm running 8 of these 4 as bubblers 4 as farm kit waterers.I don't think they can handle a 24/7 duty cycle for to long. I checked the intake filters on them and they weren't dirty enough at the time to cause the heat problem.I had been on a 15 on 15 off period to allow the pumps to cool but now i'm on 30/15 and will increase till i know the pumps wont fail or over heat

anytime you compress air it will heat up you have too much restriction in your system causing excess heat due to the pressure build up

The water temp is definitely the problem - you'll have problems until it's well below 70.

As far as amount of H2O2 - depends on if it's full strength - 30% or the drugstore kind - 3%.

I dilute my 30% to 3% anyway before I use it, so using 3% I'd add 30ml per gallon of res.

The water temp is definitely the problem - you'll have problems until it's well below 70.

As far as amount of H2O2 - depends on if it's full strength - 30% or the drugstore kind - 3%.

I dilute my 30% to 3% anyway before I use it, so using 3% I'd add 30ml per gallon of res.

will using a higher concentration hurt my roots? i really want to get rid of the rot asap with out using multiple flushes

will using a higher concentration hurt my roots? i really want to get rid of the rot asap with out using multiple flushes

In my experience, you can go higher... just how much is hard to say.

I have pulled the plants and dunked the cups in H2O2 like PetFlora suggested at somewhere around 3% strength in a moment of desperation and they survived.

I don't know about res though, but I'm sure you could ramp it up. I've poured 3% right through the cups too... try it at your own risk...

there are many people that gargle with strait 3%.

dunkin is not an option for me its all or nothing. guess i'm gonna try 6ml per gallon. shouldn't be strong enough to cause problems

I'm NOT a math wiz, but that is the same! If you ad 30% at full strength to you res at 3ml per gallon then it IS diluted to 3%...I just did a flush and H2O2 application. It will be in my res for 24 hours, drain and flush with just water, then fill your res with nutes...50% to start and monitor PH and PPMs closely. Adjust nute strength as required by your plants. Another reason for doing this is when it seems your plants aren't taking up any nutes...PPMs remain at the same level for a long period means your plants aren't taking up nutes. Hope this helped :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom