How much CO2 is in your tank

SoCaler

I'm new to CO2. I just started my second 20 lbs. tank, and it has 700 psi in it. The first one had 900 psi, so I looked at the tank and it is rated to hold 1800 psi.. Am I getting ripped off? I'm paying $15 per tank exchange.
When I get my SCUBA tanks filled I'll get a short fill once in a while, but only 100 to 200 psi. and they hold 3500 psi.
Thanks for any help.
:tokin:

co2 and propane tanks have been getting shorted for at least a year here in Colorado. On the front page of MSN a few months ago they showed how large Air / Gas companies started putting a little less in the tanks instead of jacking up the price. Some do both. I tried to find a link to it but couldn't.

I have always paid the same $13.00 for a tank exchange for the last few years. The last 6 months - year it has still been $13.00 but with about 10-15% less in the tank.

It is similiar to what is going on in your grocery store, same price and box size for a product with less actual product in the container. For more profit.

WillyB

Yea, they think their fooling us at the grocery store, actually a lot of people don't realize their getting ripped off unless they look at the actual size like Mayo instead of 32oz. it's 30oz. but the package looks the same, just a bigger dent in the bottom of the jar.
For the CO2 a 20 lbs. tank with 700 psi. in it is only about 40% full.

:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom