Hybrid and sativa problems

SERVICE67

420 Member
Hello,

Have grown okay weed in the past. Switched to oganic nutes, and killed loads of plamts getting used to it. Tend to be a bit extreme.

Its paid off to a degree, as have now completed 2 harvests. 1st was pineapple express auto, ph issues early on, meant little smell, but turned out to be very potent bud. Was a more sat pheno. 2nd were 2 smaller wedding cheesecake autos. One was sat leaning, unbelievably potent, frightened the life out of people. However, far too buzzy, almost unsmokable. Gave one person a racing heart. Topped auto, 11 week grow. Harvested at first signs of amber trics. Other was an ind leaning plant. Unbeleivable smell, again very potent, but no issues. Perfect bud. Harvested also at 11 weeks. The sativa dominant one went into flower much earlier than indica leaning, and was in flower for 3 weeks longer. However, it is almost unsmokable. I think i have the potency sorted. Is it just a case that i harvested too soon? Same seeds and conditions. Have 2 new ones at 7 weeks, have same again, one sativa and one indica leaning plants. I always harvested at first signs of trics going amber. Never had an issue before, although those plants were no where near as potent as these latest organic ones. With a sativa dominmant plant, thats going to be very potent, do i need to delay harvesting? I think so, what amount of amber trics should i be aiming for. Im aiming for head high rather than physical effects. Thanks.

Never tric the sugar leaves, just the buds

Try not to go by trics, wait till all hairs have oranged and laid down

Also go by what breeder says for flower times

Indica usually 8-10 weeks
Sativa can be anywhere upto 20+ weeks

And pics always help at harvest so we can tell what YOU think is a ready plant

Hello,

Have grown okay weed in the past. Switched to oganic nutes, and killed loads of plamts getting used to it. Tend to be a bit extreme.

Its paid off to a degree, as have now completed 2 harvests. 1st was pineapple express auto, ph issues early on, meant little smell, but turned out to be very potent bud. Was a more sat pheno. 2nd were 2 smaller wedding cheesecake autos. One was sat leaning, unbelievably potent, frightened the life out of people. However, far too buzzy, almost unsmokable. Gave one person a racing heart. Topped auto, 11 week grow. Harvested at first signs of amber trics. Other was an ind leaning plant. Unbeleivable smell, again very potent, but no issues. Perfect bud. Harvested also at 11 weeks. The sativa dominant one went into flower much earlier than indica leaning, and was in flower for 3 weeks longer. However, it is almost unsmokable. I think i have the potency sorted. Is it just a case that i harvested too soon? Same seeds and conditions. Have 2 new ones at 7 weeks, have same again, one sativa and one indica leaning plants. I always harvested at first signs of trics going amber. Never had an issue before, although those plants were no where near as potent as these latest organic ones. With a sativa dominmant plant, thats going to be very potent, do i need to delay harvesting? I think so, what amount of amber trics should i be aiming for. Im aiming for head high rather than physical effects. Thanks.
Milky Trichomes are what yer wanting if amber then more body feeling. Plant should stop or slow down feeding and pistils turn brown or orange and crinkle in. CL🍀.

Back
Top Bottom