So here's my setup.
4x4 apollo tent
18 gallon reservoir
GH nutes
Cal mag
Ph 6.0
Air stone
Air pump
No actual growing medium. . Read online somewhere that deep water culture system didn't really need clay peebles or coconuts fibers or anything . The medium was mostly for support. So thinking about it I said fuck it I'll just use nothing.and also I couldn't find any local grow rocks or anything. So I cut out styrofoam and put the small seedlings in the middle hope they don't die.
420-magazine-mobile1448490902.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1382468001.jpg

No actual growing medium. . Read online somewhere that deep water culture system didn't really need clay peebles or coconuts fibers or anything .

That was the impression that I got when I ran DWC. I generally used just enough medium (expanded clay "balls") - in red Solo cups, lol - to hold the seedling in my reservoir's lid until the roots grew down into the reservoir.

Personally, I've never been comfortable running multiple plants in one reservoir. IF one of the plants gets some sort of infestation or disease, it's pretty much a given that the other plant(s) sharing the same reservoir will get it, too. Plus, I liked BIG productive plants when I did DWC, and an 18-gallon (or even somewhat larger) reservoir, if enough oxygen is constantly being injected into the solution, can easily fill an eight square foot "scrog" screen if the grower is willing to keep it in the vegetative phase a little longer than average. One can, of course, accomplish the same thing with multiple - but smaller - plants. But if there is any variation in the flowering period length, and the grower is using a screen (scrog), then harvesting only one plant at a time becomes an extreme PITA. With a single-plant grow, OtOH, the grower can simply saw the "trunk" of the plant below the branches, disconnect the entire screen from its fasteners, and carry it in to the dining room table and deal with the harvesting chore in a more comfortable environment than (squatted down) on the grow room floor, trying to separate the finished plant's buds/etc. from the other plants that are tangled up with it in the same screen.

BtW, what strain(s) are you growing? And how many (actual!) watts' worth of lighting are you running in your 16 ft.² grow space?

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom