I am having some pH issues? Two week old plants yellowing, burning edges of leaves! Help!

LaVerde4:20

Hello Everyone and thank you for helping out!

I am growing in super soil 5 autoflower plants in 3G geo-pots. I got a full spectrum LED 300 light but came to find out the true watts were 65. My plants were stretching a little so I went and got a LED daylight 50w bulb. I keep them at at least 30cm distance from the top. Temp is 27-31 and hum 60-75. I started them: I put them in water for 2 and in paper towels for another 2 days and then Jiffy pellets for about a week. I transferred them to the soil and added a little b1 .50cc per l to water them every two waters or so. They were looking great and then last week, they began to go yellow and bleed out the green color and curl and get burn tips. We only water them with ph water 6.5 but did not read the runoff. They continue to yellow and show burn leafs signs. We check the water which is bottled water that we are using as the tap here ppm is over 580-600ppm. We felt that maybe the reader was not calibrated right so we got a better reader and calibrated properly and the water read at 7.3 So we flushed them with 5L of 6.0ph water and read the runoff water and it was at 6.9 in almost all of them. My feeling is that the soil's ph is high and I have nute lock out and nute def at this point? We were waiting for them to dry out for few days and flush again with even lower ph water? Dolomite lime on the soil? Any suggestions? I ordered rapidtest 3 in 1 soil reader to try to read it more accurately. I will continue to also read the runoff water ph and input. I read that to figure your soil ph the equation is Soil PH=Runoff+difference. Difference=Runoff-Input.. If that is the case my soil ph is at 7.8? I have attached some photos. Thank you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_5779.JPG
    IMG_5779.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5780.JPG
    IMG_5780.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5782.JPG
    IMG_5782.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5784.JPG
    IMG_5784.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5785.JPG
    IMG_5785.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5786.JPG
    IMG_5786.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5788.JPG
    IMG_5788.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5789.JPG
    IMG_5789.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 127
Yes, I can see that. If I am growing in super soil, and they are only going on their third week now, I should not feed them. Which makes me think that it is a ph issue in the soil that had blocked their nute intake. I flushed about a week ago with 6.0 water 5 L in each plant, but the runoff was 6.9 coming out so my guess is that it had to be flushed with lower ph water. I did not want to drench them again so I am waiting for them to dry out to flush them again with lower ph water? I also wanted to give them enough time to see if they were going to improve, but they are not. They are growing but not getting more yellow and not getting nutes. I ordered rapidtest soil digital reader to doable check the ph and fertilizers in the soil. How can I fix this? Did I lose this crop or can I save them? Anyone? Please help!

Runoff isn't an indication of soil PH. Try a slurry test with a calibrated tester.

They look nutrient starved regardless of super soil I'd feed them. You might have bad soil.

Back
Top Bottom