I just do not understand

09Giants420

So I was watching the news while smoking a fat blunt because I like to stay up to date on current events as some of you probobally do. There was a report that a drug which the FDA APPROVED caused a guitarists arm to fall off...
Supreme Court Rules Against Drug Company : NPR
I guess it was an injection of some substance that was again approved by the FDA and there were more cases supposabley like this. It is funny to read what the "best judges in our country" say in a case like this...

Justice Scalia: "Excuse me, those risks were set forth on the labeling approved by the FDA"

Answer: The FDA never considered the relative risks of the IV push method and other methods of administering the drug.

Chief Justice Roberts: "People can say it's safe for you to walk down the sidewalk. That doesn't mean there is NO risk that you get hit by lightning or something else."

Justice Scalia: "If you're telling me that the FDA acted irresponsibly, then sue the FDA."

Answer: "The idea that the label is set in stone for all time misunderstands the way the process works. When the FDA approves a drug and its label," it does so based on small clinical trials, "one or two thousand people." When the drug is marketed and goes to lots and lots of people, and the adverse reactions start occurring in greater numbers, the regulations permit a drug maker to supplement the label with that information.

Chief Justice Roberts: "So your case depends on us finding that there was a new risk" here that the FDA did not consider?

Answer: "The question is what did the manufacturer know and when did it know it. ... The manufacturer has a duty of due care, a duty to analyze new information on risk, and to make appropriate changes in the warning to reflect that. ... It didn't live up to that duty."

Now the funniest one is the one who says you say you want to walk down the sidewalk and it is not always safe. Well why the hell is marijuana illegal? If a drug like this which causes gangrean I understand or something like that can be legal WTF is wrong with marijuana. Seriously WTF, noone has every died just because they have smoked marijuana. I do not think it really has even caused injury besides burns, choking, and maybe stupid acts from teenagers being teenagers. People overreact SO MUCH on something like marijuana yet on a drug that causes arms to fall off its ok because if you walk down the sidewalk you can get hurt. Give me a damn break I smoke 5 blunts a day sometimes on average like 2 a day and maintain a 3.5 GPA in college and have haven't been sick in over 2 years. I did start exercising more and eating more during this time of smoking blunts everyday, but that is all part of a healthy lifestyle. Michael Phelps can win 8 gold medals or w.e and gets blasted for using the stuff. Ricky Williams has an awesome nfl carrer apart from the marijuana convictions and is another proven productive member of society. For gods sake I wonder how many presidents of this great country have used the stuff. It is part of our culture and I for one am an American and have the right to do what ever i want as long as I do not harm another in the process. This is the American dream which I have just started in my opinion...

Sorry for the long paragraphs but I just get really really frustrated on the stupidity of the people running this great country, they do not deserve the power. :rollit:

yeah it sucks that a main reason that marijuana is still illegal is because of the drug companies trying to protect their profit. but on the bright side, the truth about our herb can only be covered up for so long. in the past ten years weve come along way with educating people about the reality of marijuana. with speakers of the truth, the ignorant can remain in the shadows for only so long.

I to am a American and I will not stop in my journey of happiness, as long as it does not affect others. I am constantly appalled by our government but inspired by the people of our great land.

I to am a American and I will not stop in my journey of happiness, as long as it does not affect others. I am constantly appalled by our government but inspired by the people of our great land.

Very well put, if our government was ran by true Americans they would be making billions off of a lifestyle which we choose to live. Some may think this is a greedy thought to just think about the money, but in these times this money generated by marijuana and hemp could save our economy and future. There is so much profit in marijuana and they just are not taking advantage of it. And please do not say that I am just thinking about the money because I understand every aspect about legalization and what it would do if it happened. The biggest thing is it would end the black market and we can better control the youth of the country and the use of marijuana by them. Plus they will not meet that shady dealer who one day says hey weed isnt that strong anymore huh? Wanna try something better dude? Fuck that please government stop this from happening and legalize, you love control so much well use it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom