I need help with my first grow

RipCityKJ

I need some help please, my plants don't look so well and I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. I'm working on my first outdoor grow in Oregon now that it's legal here. I just got a simple setup in my back yard, I bought 4 clones last weekend Cherry Pie, Melon Gum, Sour Urkle & White Russian. I bought 16" pots and filled it with a soil/compost mixture of Kellogg Gardens Patio Plus soil, peat moss, perlite & natures plus compost. I did a small layer of river rock on the bottom for weight and drainage followed by a small layer of the soil mixture. On top of that about an inch from the bottom of the pot I put a layer of bone meal to kick in towards the end to help flowering and finally on top of that I filled the rest of the pot with the remains soil mixture. I added blood meal as well as a topper but not much.

The first Day I had them, I set them in the heavy shade outside and left them there all day, adding a little water but not much at all maybe 1/4 cup each. The next day I transferred them to the large pots and gave them about 3 hours of direct morning sunlight with about a 1/2 cup of water this time. For the next 4 days I added an hour a day until today when I left them put and they got about 6-7 hours of direct sunlight. I watered them yesterday and because of the bigger pots I gave them about 3 gallons of water each with a table spoon of Alaska 5-1-1 Fish Fertilizer for about a 6 gallon pot. I got great drainage but I'm afraid I may have overwatered.

I went to a local hydroponics shop and tried to show them pics of my ladies but I guess even though its legal to grow federal law forbids business to inform people how to, so these guys did their best shot helping me without seeing the plants and assumed it was overwatering. I bought a PH testing kit with some PH up and PH down solution thinking that maybe that could be the problem and then they hooked me up with some nutes to try when my plants recover. They gave me Roots Organic by Aurora Up Rising Bloom, Aurora Soul Infinity, Soul Peak and Soul Big Swell. Has anyone used these before?

Last few notes, the guy that I got the clones from clipped the tips of the leaves but he did it to all the leaves which at first I thought was good but then I read it's bad if you have them all this way and I'm curious if they'll recover from this? Lastly I came home and tested my PH levels, my soil was at 5.5, 5.8, 5.6 and 5.8 my PH in my water is 6.3, I haven't watered since yesterday morning. I'm also a little worried my White Russian main stem is very thin and doesn't seem that strong. Thanks for any help.

WhiteRussian3.JPG
WhiteRussian2.JPG
WhiteRussian1.JPG

MelonGum1.JPG

MelonGum2.JPG

MelonGum3.JPG
CherryPie2.JPG
CherryPie1.JPG

SourUrkle2.JPG
SourUrkle1.JPG

I need some help please, my plants don't look so well and I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. I'm working on my first outdoor grow in Oregon now that it's legal here. I just got a simple setup in my back yard, I bought 4 clones last weekend Cherry Pie, Melon Gum, Sour Urkle & White Russian. I bought 16" pots and filled it with a soil/compost mixture of Kellogg Gardens Patio Plus soil, peat moss, perlite & natures plus compost. I did a small layer of river rock on the bottom for weight and drainage followed by a small layer of the soil mixture. On top of that about an inch from the bottom of the pot I put a layer of bone meal to kick in towards the end to help flowering and finally on top of that I filled the rest of the pot with the remains soil mixture. I added blood meal as well as a topper but not much.

The first Day I had them, I set them in the heavy shade outside and left them there all day, adding a little water but not much at all maybe 1/4 cup each. The next day I transferred them to the large pots and gave them about 3 hours of direct morning sunlight with about a 1/2 cup of water this time. For the next 4 days I added an hour a day until today when I left them put and they got about 6-7 hours of direct sunlight. I watered them yesterday and because of the bigger pots I gave them about 3 gallons of water each with a table spoon of Alaska 5-1-1 Fish Fertilizer for about a 6 gallon pot. I got great drainage but I'm afraid I may have overwatered.

I went to a local hydroponics shop and tried to show them pics of my ladies but I guess even though its legal to grow federal law forbids business to inform people how to, so these guys did their best shot helping me without seeing the plants and assumed it was overwatering. I bought a PH testing kit with some PH up and PH down solution thinking that maybe that could be the problem and then they hooked me up with some nutes to try when my plants recover. They gave me Roots Organic by Aurora Up Rising Bloom, Aurora Soul Infinity, Soul Peak and Soul Big Swell. Has anyone used these before?

Last few notes, the guy that I got the clones from clipped the tips of the leaves but he did it to all the leaves which at first I thought was good but then I read it's bad if you have them all this way and I'm curious if they'll recover from this? Lastly I came home and tested my PH levels, my soil was at 5.5, 5.8, 5.6 and 5.8 my PH in my water is 6.3, I haven't watered since yesterday morning. I'm also a little worried my White Russian main stem is very thin and doesn't seem that strong. Thanks for any help.

WhiteRussian3.JPG
WhiteRussian2.JPG
WhiteRussian1.JPG

MelonGum1.JPG

MelonGum2.JPG

MelonGum3.JPG
CherryPie2.JPG
CherryPie1.JPG

SourUrkle2.JPG
SourUrkle1.JPG

I'm no expert but I would say that they aint doing to bad to look at them. Your PH should be between 6.5 and 7.5 for soil. Take it easy on the watering and just water when soil feels dry about an inch down. yellow leaves could be because you have just replanted or a calcium, magnesium or nitrogen deficiency but do a bit more research. Best advice is don't panic and take you're time to diagnose any problems correctly. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom