Ideas for a super cheap grow op.. anybody?

SuperDank420

I'm looking for a nice, cheap way to just grow one plant, I have a nice metal box about 6" ft tall, and 3x4 ft wide, that should be nice for growing in.. completely air tight, I have fans, but everything else I would like some ideas, My friend has some heat lamps that he used for his igauna, I dont know if those would be any use.. Im new ot this whole growing thing, and this will be my first grow.. so im nervous excited, trying to prep for it..so any help would be much appreciated. and my price range is $100-$200.

Thanks,
SuperDank420

With your budget I'd suggest using CFL's for lights, those heat lamps won't do anything for you except provide heat and you don't want that...If that metal box is airtight you'll have to leave it open or cut into it for ventilation input/output. You need fresh air coming and hot stale air going out...

Hey SuperDank420 if i were you id go for a 250w budget cfl and reflector package from Greens horticulture its 67.50 GBP for single bulb or 110 for 2700 and a 6500 so im guessing around 90-140 USD.

There are videos on youtube that will show you how to make a cfl light set up with a reflector hood. I would recommend starting there, it can be done for only a few bucks. With that, buckets and a fan, you can start a cheap and effective grow.

You will also need a way to check pH and temps (air and reservoir if hydro). you could get by with the strips that change color, or a inexpensive pen for around $20-$50. Fans for ventilation and circulation. Odor control depending on area, and pest & mold control / prevention.

As you will find out, no matter how cheap you start out at, it gets more expensive each grow as you add more things to help get a better harvest. But if you keep at it, the harvest will increase in yield / quality.

The most expensive item is not money, but time. Be prepared to spend many hours researching and reading up on how to grow.

Good Luck

I'm looking for a nice, cheap way to just grow one plant, I have a nice metal box about 6" ft tall, and 3x4 ft wide, that should be nice for growing in.. completely air tight, I have fans, but everything else I would like some ideas, My friend has some heat lamps that he used for his igauna, I dont know if those would be any use.. Im new ot this whole growing thing, and this will be my first grow.. so im nervous excited, trying to prep for it..so any help would be much appreciated. and my price range is $100-$200.

Thanks,
SuperDank420

I just posted similar question. What did you end buying if I may ask. I am looking to purchase also

Back
Top Bottom