Illinois Posts Rules On Medical Marijuana For Kids

Shandar

Chicago - AP - Illinois officials have posted emergency rules spelling out how the state's medical marijuana program will be extended to children under a law taking effect Jan. 1.

The Department of Public Health posted the regulations online Tuesday.

Children with certain health conditions, including seizures from epilepsy, will be able to use non-smokable forms of marijuana. But they will need two doctors to sign forms certifying they think the patient will benefit.

The rules expand a medical marijuana advisory board to include a parent or caregiver of a patient under age 18 and a medical professional with experience in pediatrics.

The emergency rules are in effect for 150 days. A draft of permanent rules will be published later, which will trigger a 45-day public comment period.

medical-marijuana-for-children_thumbnail.jpg

News Moderator: Shandar @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Home - FOX 32 News Chicago
Author: Associated Press
Website: Illinois posts rules on medical marijuana for kids - FOX 32 News Chicago

Are they going to fingerprint the kids, too?! The need for two (mostly ignorant) physicians to approve the use in kids just adds more barriers to proper medical care! Rural areas will not have enough doctors to met that requirements, either. The poor will not be able to afford two office visits, too. The Illinois statute is filled with crazy requirements. Best advice? Move like I did! Illinois is a drain on its citizens!

Are they going to fingerprint the kids, too?! The need for two (mostly ignorant) physicians to approve the use in kids just adds more barriers to proper medical care! Rural areas will not have enough doctors to met that requirements, either. The poor will not be able to afford two office visits, too. The Illinois statute is filled with crazy requirements. Best advice? Move like I did! Illinois is a drain on its citizens!

In my opinion, it is appropriate for a schedule I narcotic to require two recommending physicians. The problem is the INAPPROPRIATE classification of one of the worlds most beneficial abd virtually harmless herbs as a schedule I drug.

Back
Top Bottom