In Winter Do You Reverse the Ventilation Air Direction?

BillZ

As a new indoor grower and dealing with the ventilation issues of a suummer time closet grow where the closet is on the 2nd floor (hot air rising) and is under a slanted wall being on the side of a dormer window. i.e. above the closet is the insulation layer then the 6" trusses I kind of look forward to late September when the weather will cool off. Normal Dec/Jan around here it's day time highs of mid 50's and night time lows are around 32. Just wondering if any simply switch their exhaust fans exiting the hot air to bringing in the cool air when the seasons change. I know I'm looking forward to growing in the winter cause I'll have not heat issues then even if it's just cracking open a window in the room to cool it down to the mid 50's easily.

Just curious...

Yes, exhaust still needs to be done if for no other reason than bringing fresh CO2 into the space. The seasonal cooler air is still free while summer time it's air conditioned air. Something to look forward too in general and making it easier and cheaper to grow. I'm using CFL's which I don't think create quite the same heat levels as HPS/MH systems do watt per watt.

Back
Top Bottom