Intake Filter

Gaffle

So I am in total planning stage for a under stairs room. I have my space mostly planned out except for my intake ventilation. Before I hit stairs my room is about 4x3x7. From 4ft I hit the stairs. Under the stairs will be a 5ft tent for veg, or possibly a dark screen so I can have several feet of spacing to go from seed/clone to veg. Rest of room will be for flowering.

Now at the foot of the stairs will be my intake. I need some intake filter options. So far I think I am going passive for intake. My exhaust will be mounted at the highest point of the room with a carbon filter. As of right now I do not have access to outside air so I will be venting into the same room that I am pulling. I plan on using LEDs so I'm not so worried about heat. I want something more robust than panty hose.

In my head everything is legit except for the damn intake. I plan to test all that I produce so it is important to have zero bad bugs, mold, etc, to come into my room. I have 2 kids as well so I am trying to keep quiet and stealth. I am legal in MI but will still have bases covered.

I use furnace filters. Cut to size and duct tape in place and change one a month or so when they get dusty. I also vent into and pull air from the same room as you mentioned so the biggest thing is I just try to keep that room as spotless aspossible. Then a little filtering on the way in to knock down some dust and other inevitable bad things. Keeping the surrounding area clean and yourself and anything that enters the grown room.

I use furnace filters. Cut to size and duct tape in place and change one a month or so when they get dusty. I also vent into and pull air from the same room as you mentioned so the biggest thing is I just try to keep that room as spotless aspossible. Then a little filtering on the way in to knock down some dust and other inevitable bad things. Keeping the surrounding area clean and yourself and anything that enters the grown room.

I have read about several people using furnace filters. Do you have the filter over a 6inch hole or did you cut a larger opening?

The only part I have been brainstorming about is my intake vent. To keep it cheap I will probably resort to a furnace filter.

I use a 4 inch holes, two of them, currently but same concept at 6inch. I just cut square s that are big enough to cover them is all. Nothing fancy. It's cheap and effective and doesn't kill airflow too bad. I am going to be changing my room set up soon and will be changing my intake style to be one big one about 14x20 inch and will use light block made from wall corner protector things that is the diy section here and then will build a slip on the back side so that I just slide a 14x20 filter in and just like the furnace when it gets dirty I slide it out and slide anew one in.

Back
Top Bottom