Investing In Medical Marijuana For U.S. Veterans

Robert Celt

It's not JUST about the money.

I know, this is not something most folks expect to read in an investment newsletter. So let me explain...

A few years ago, when I first started writing about the legal marijuana space, I was accused of compromising my ethics in an attempt to make a buck. But nothing could be further from the truth.

There are actually a number of reasons I invest in the legal marijuana space.

Yes, the main reason is because it's insanely profitable.

There is no greater investment opportunity at this very moment in time than legal marijuana. And I have dozens of double- and triple-digit winners to back up this claim. In fact, while the broader market has been imploding in these first few weeks of 2016, a handful of quality legal marijuana stocks have actually been gaining.

Most of these tend to be Canadian players, as the new prime minister of Canada has begun the process of legalizing both medical and recreational marijuana throughout the entire country. So yes, the opportunity here is massive.

But watching your brokerage account grow while the rest of the market tanks is only part of the reason every American should be investing in legal marijuana.

Three Reasons...

There are three reasons you should be investing in legal marijuana right now:

Legalization helps slow the war on drugs, which has been one of the most violent and costliest wars in recorded history. More than $1 trillion has already been spent on this war, and it's put millions of folks – particularly the poor – in early graves.

Legalization helps build local economies, which, in this day and age, is something we need to embrace, not shun.

Legalization on the medical side allows millions of Americans to treat illness when other "legal" pharmaceuticals have failed. How anyone could look at a young child with severe epilepsy and deny that child a medical marijuana therapy that's proved to work is beyond me.

A couple of weeks ago, I actually wrote about this issue, telling you the story of Charlotte Figi, who had an extreme form of epilepsy. By the time she was three, she was having about 300 seizures a week. And that was with conventional treatment.

Then her parents were able to get ahold of a special strain of medical marijuana that helps treat children with severe epilepsy. Today, she has about four seizures a month.

But it's not just kids that have benefited from medical marijuana.

Support the Troops

Last week, while attending a legal marijuana conference in New York City, I met a man named Sean Kiernan.

Kiernan is the co-founder of a group called Weed for Warriors. It's an advocacy group that works to provide access to medical marijuana for military veterans suffering from PTSD.

Now, the fact that a military veteran – someone who has risked his or her life for this country – can be denied medicine to treat PTSD is despicable. Especially when you look at some pretty unsettling statistics.

You see, the suicide rate for veterans is extremely high.

Every day, 22 U.S. veterans commit suicide. This is a group that makes up 7% of the U.S. population but represents 20% of the national suicide rate. And that's assuming these numbers are accurate – which they are not.

Truth is, this data has only been collected from 21 states and only accounts for the vets who have been seen by the Veterans Affairs Administration. Sadly, those numbers are likely considerably higher. And that's an absolute travesty.

Now, while there are more than 20 states that now allow the use of medical marijuana, and while the federal government is no longer allowed to utilize funds to terrorize medical marijuana patients, there are still too many vets that don't have access to medical marijuana if they want to use it.

Think about this for a moment.

Kiernan explains that vets continue to be prescribed pharmaceuticals that are extremely addictive and have been linked to thousands of veteran suicides. Meanwhile, the one drug that has proven to help with everything from PTSD and chronic pain to sleep disorders and migraines is not as easy to get – especially for those who live in states where medical marijuana is still illegal.

It absolutely amazes me that so many of our elected officials can sit comfortably in the nation's capitol, sending our soldiers off to fight wars, then deny these soldiers the medicine they need when they return.

But thankfully, as more and more states continue to legalize, and as more and more folks realize that legalization is good for the economy, good for society, and most importantly, good for those suffering from all kinds of diseases that can be successfully treated with marijuana, the tide is turning.

As a legal marijuana investor, I'm not only making a lot of money, but I'm also helping to facilitate a movement that can help our veterans get the medication they need... a medication that could help these folks live normal lives... a medication that could quite possibly decrease the number of veterans that commit suicide, too.

And that, dear reader, is an honorable investment.

To a new way of life and a new generation of wealth...

weed413.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Investing In Medical Marijuana For U.S. Veterans
Author: Jeff Siegel
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom