Iranian Autoflower question

BABA

Hi everyone
I have a question. I grow IAF indoors and the ladies are a week away from harvest.
When I have a look at the main bud with my magnifier I hardly can see some
glands, when I look at my other strains they are packed. Is that normal ?
Thank you

some plants are just not as strong as others. even from the same seeds

with that in mind, it could just need more time than the other ones next to it. try letting it go longer after you harvest the others to see if it starts packing them on. :thumb:

Thank you, the hairs are already brown and in the breeders page it say that finish time
is 45 day's after 12/12 and I am already at 45 day's ????
IMG_059513.JPG

Sorry...I have 5 IAF and all are the same - almost no trichos - here is a picture of a starin in the same room after 3 weeks.
IMG_059914.JPG

just beacsue they say it should take that long doesnt mean it will.

the best way to tell, is once your hairs start changing colors, start watching the trichs under a 60-100x scope (less will do, but i find 60-100 to be easier to see)

when they are all cloudy, or almost all cloudy. its time to flush. once your flush is complete you should start seeing amber trichs as well. (some strains dont amber off the trichs.. but most do)

a this point, you know she's done.

growing conditions, lighting, etc all play a factor on how fast they finish.. if they are lacking in any department, it normally means it will take a bit longer.

for example, if you have 2 of the same plant. one under hid and one under cfl... the one under cfl, will normally take a week or more longer than the one under hid to complete.

i dont think you did anything wrong.. it might just be the strain. or the genetics. depending where you got the seeds... they might be pulling you're leg about how they are bred, and it cood be poor quality genetics.

Thank's, you are a great help. The genetics are from Dr. Greenthumb and he has good stuff, so I think it miight be not the genetics.
I try to let them go for another week or so. The funny thing is, that the hairs on the lower buds are already brown.

is there any chance that they could have been pollinated by a male, or possibly a hermie?

if it happens early in, you can get these symptoms, as the plant stops producing resins, and starts focusing on seeds.

maybe poke and prod at a bud, and dig out one of the calyx, to see if there is a seed in it?

Is it possible that they werent to happy that you dropped them to 12/12 being that their auto flowers and they are suppose to be on 18/6 or above for the entire grow?

I recognize that that strain is not a realy autoflower strain. I took clones and keep them unter 20/4 and they veg like crazy the clones are now one and a half food tall and growing like mad.
The breeder recommend 12/12

I recognize that that strain is not a realy autoflower strain. I took clones and keep them unter 20/4 and they veg like crazy the clones are now one and a half food tall and growing like mad.
The breeder recommend 12/12

I see that, just looked up the strain on Dr. Greenthumbs page. I just always thought autoflowers were suppose to be what I stated above, apparently not.

i'v never touched auto's.. but from my understanding, 12/12 wont harm potency, but will reduce yield.. but i suppose that its possible. something i definatly didnt consider.

edit: came in a little late submitting that post... ignore that.

Yes, I was reading in a forum that Dr. Greenthumbs - Iranian Autos - are not a real autoflower strain only a short season plant.
I don't know, why he calls them autoflower and actually that was the reason I bought the seeds. I am very happy about the performance but I worry about the potency.

IMG_055914.JPG

I know clonig autos make not too much sence but when you seet he picture you can tell that they are not autoflowering

I know, but when you aware of that fact it is not soooo bad, so you can continue with that strain, I think thats cool and if I find out about the potency those once maybe great for outdoors.

that is indeed quite odd.. cause that kind of indicated they are getting close to done..

i think you should email your seed company about it.

Back
Top Bottom