Is 600 Watt HPS Too Much For One Plant

Hi Kushmaster,

As usual, Hosebomber is spot on with his response!

I would add that when you consider we are attempting to provide an acceptable replacement for THE SUN with our artificial lights there is little chance of ever having "too much" light. You can have too much heat due to inadequate ventilation, but I can't think of an scenario where you could have too much light.

Lighting is used to cover an area. If your one plant is covering a 4x3 foot area, then a 600 watt HPS is on the minimum side of recommended lighting. For more information on basic plant lighting please read the link in my signature.

Thanks for the info I just read the hole page deffenently helped me out thanks!

no it's not too much, just prune/train the plant to be a bush, here's a nice example I have outside now,

vog815.jpg
og212.JPG

good luck!

no it's not too much, just prune/train the plant to be a bush, here's a nice example I have outside now,

vog815.jpg
og212.JPG

good luck!

I'm always nervous on pruning cause the mix options I've read n I'm not Tryna fuck up n cost me my yeild.. This is my first grow I've only read shot I haven't hands on seen the prices of pruning n my dude said I can ruin my plant?

600 watts can be plenty for one plant. Keep it close to the plant, but not so close u burn the plant. If you're gonna grow only one plant under a 600, I'd try the DWC method. Either way that plant is gonna get big, so long as u don't butcher it. Good luck

Hi guys (n gals :) ). Not wishing to go "off thread" but........this is my first grow so I was wondering, when timing your lights 18/6 and 12/12 what hours of darkness do you opt for? I was thinking midnight till 6am :)

A lot of things come into play with light timing. Who will be home, how bigs ur room, does light get in ur grow room with light out.. I have my light on at 9 am till 9 pm cause someone is always home around those times just in case something happens and off when we sleep and so when it's dark out no light gets under my grow room door cause it's dark outside. So a lot of things come into play with whats the best times for you... Don't have them in a diffent schedule then your sleep make sure you have everything set to to when it's dark time that it's not going to be messed with.. Make sure u have it all ready for bed instead of having to mess with the plant when it's suppose to get the dark. Remember the most growth is when it's dark out hope I help if u have more questions I'll try n help or point you to one of these guys on here that can.. Peace

A lot of things come into play with light timing. Who will be home, how bigs ur room, does light get in ur grow room with light out.. I have my light on at 9 am till 9 pm cause someone is always home around those times just in case something happens and off when we sleep and so when it's dark out no light gets under my grow room door cause it's dark outside. So a lot of things come into play with whats the best times for you... Don't have them in a diffent schedule then your sleep make sure you have everything set to to when it's dark time that it's not going to be messed with.. Make sure u have it all ready for bed instead of having to mess with the plant when it's suppose to get the dark. Remember the most growth is when it's dark out hope I help if u have more questions I'll try n help or point you to one of these guys on here that can.. Peace

Hey Kush....many thanks my friend. Yep, logic dictates that "darkness hours" should correspond with our sleep paterns. Luckily, the "tent" I'm building is in a spare bedroom that is locked and not used by anyone but me. My tent is approx 2m x 2m x 3m. All reflective inside (including the floor and ceiling). It's built from timber with black n white wrapped around it and a canvas tent draped over it. I have 3 x 600w hps lights too. The plan is for 18 ladies.......8 weeks veg and 8 weeks flower :). That sound ok to you? :high-five:

Sounds great to me. Might want to make sure your space can handle the light temps and do a couple day test run will ur seeds are germ and get all the kinks out to make sure. Last thing you wanna do is all that work then run into little errors

Sounds great to me. Might want to make sure your space can handle the light temps and do a couple day test run will ur seeds are germ and get all the kinks out to make sure. Last thing you wanna do is all that work then run into little errors

Wise words :) I'm putting 3 oscillating fans and using an 8" (200mm) Ruck for extract and to create neg pressure. Also, I'm going to get 18 "little lady" clones off a mate. Hopefully, the best 15 will grow and prosper :) before I cremate them lol. :tokin: The other 3 will provide me more clones for grow number 2 :)

Hi guys (n gals :) ). Not wishing to go "off thread" but........this is my first grow so I was wondering, when timing your lights 18/6 and 12/12 what hours of darkness do you opt for? I was thinking midnight till 6am :)

it doesn't matter providing your grow room is light tight. I have always ran my lights during the night as its cooler and the negative pressure im capitalizing on means cooler air is getting pulled in meaning lower lights on temps. then lights off during the day means warmer air is being pulled in providing warmer temps for my plants night time. :)

Back
Top Bottom