Is Co2 needed?

gsahly1094

Hello was wondering about a grow indoors, is co2 needed, I was watching a video on how to grow they say if you dont have the money to buy a full co2 you can use bubbly water to spray on the plants, was wondering at what time in the plants life would you spay the bubbly water on and is it really needed?

Let me guess how to grow chronic on youtube.com with the guy in all green right? Good video. More important is to have good in/out venilation in your room first. To use CO2 you have to have a sealed room as far as I know.

Thinking that MJ plants need CO2 augmentation for optimum growth is a marijuana myth.
Ever seen a 12' tall pot plant outdoors? I have, lots of times. In fact I've seen plants that were 12' and 10' wide.
All without CO2 augmentation, just what's naturally in the air.

Just provide flo-thru ventilation.

By adding Co2, you are doing exactly that, giving them EXTRA. This is known to increase yeilds but it's not entirely necessary for the plants to be healthy and bud well. As long as you have fresh air coming in, the plants will take what they need from that air. Intense light is much more necessary than Co2 for obtaining bigger yeilds.

Also, the growroom must be sealed and timed so that when supplemental Co2 is added it is not instanly exhausted out by fans or air leaks. That would be a complete waste of resources.

Some people will say that adding CO2 to an indoor grow room can increase yields up to 30% if done properly depending on the strain. Yeah, I would say increasing the CO2 in a grow room would be a good thing but it definately is NOT necessary to get great results. CO2 in my opinion should be the last thing in your grow room you should tinker with. Make sure everything else is perfect before you venture out and introduce CO2 to your room.

CO2 doesn't boost yield.
What it does is make the veg process go faster. How much faster depends on your current ventilation set-up.
Let's say you vegged your plants until they're 15" tall before flipping the switch to 12/12.
That might take 21 days without added CO2, 17 days with added CO2.
CO2 augmentation has no affect on bud size. You'll get buds just as big with normal levels of CO2; it might take a week longer.

not to mention if you have a malfunction of equipment or what have you, this is potentially dangerous, the state doesnt even like my parents to use this, but cant stop them, albiet they stop by quite frequently to check the equipment, guess there waitin to catch us unaware.

plus, they say to successfully charge a room isnt worth the hassle or the money. ventilation wins.

Back
Top Bottom