Is it ok to put inline exhaust fan on the bottom of the tent?

CBDPower

My very first post and also first time growing here.

I have a tent 2'x4'x5' that I'm using a few LED lights, 4" Vortex fan with a carbon filter. The tent is in my garage and the garage stays around 60-75 degree and a bit warmer during summer. I have my small plants sitting on top of the shelf rack inside of my tent and it's about a foot off the ground.

I know pretty much everybody put exhaust fan and suck the air out through the top vent to get rid of excess heat but I actually don't need to exhaust any heat out of my tent (just air circulation). LED lights don't generate any heat at all.

So my question is can I set the exhaust fan on the floor under neat the shelf to suck out air from the tent and blow out through the bottom vent? I tape shut all the passive intake on the bottom and let the air flow in passively from the top vent for circulation. Is that ok? Why or why not?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Putting the fan at the bottom will exhaust the CO2 from the room (bad thing) as CO2 is heavier than air and the main concentrations are closest to the floor. Plants need CO2 to grow robust.

True, but there is hardly enough stratification in the air to make this a real issue - even at sea level the partial pressure of CO2 is still 87% of what it is at 5000 ft. Add to that replacement air and I still think there is no problem with it.

Now if the OP is augmenting with supplemental CO2 then you are spot on. All that extra CO2 would congregate at the bottom and be wasted with fans exhausting off the floor.

B-

Back
Top Bottom