Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Jack the Ripper

When: March 2010

Grade: C

Type: Sativa

Price: $50/8th , $95/qtr.

Looks: Medium-Light green with long orange hairs. Trich coverage not really visible without a camera/magnifier.

Smell: Combination of fresh spices/herbs and typical cannabis scent. Not overpowering, nor memorable.

Taste: The smoke is similar to the smell, not harsh and only has mild expansion.

Buzz Type: The buzz hits with a typical sativa high - mainly cerebral, with minimal body effects.

Buzz Length: Short/Medium – the buzz lasted for around 1-1.5 hours, and got fairly tired as I crashed.

Best Medicinal Use: N/A

Overall: Other than one other strain that was either poorly flushed or just didn’t agree with me, this is the only real disappointment from this dispensary (and the owner made it good on my next pick-up without me asking). I picked this up based on the grower - same guy that did such a wonderful job on the C-99 I reviewed. I was shocked/surprised to find several immature seeds in the first bud I broke up. I say immature, based on appearance of the seeds and also lack of crystal/trich coverage. I think this plant was pulled early due to stress causing it to herm....bummer because the mind buzz was decent (but short) even for the immature buds.

Jack_The_Ripper11.jpg

Jack_The_Ripper41.jpg

Jack_The_Ripper81.jpg

Jack_The_Ripper21.jpg

Strain Name: Jack the Ripper

When: April 2011

Grade: A

Type: Sativa

Price: $95/quarter oz

Looks: Medium green with orange hairs — somewhat rounded buds - very frosty

Smell: sweet and fresh with a hint of lemon/citrus

Taste: Just like the smell — a sweet flavored smoke with just a bit of the lemon flavor

Buzz Type: Energetic and cerebral

Buzz Length: 2 hours

Best Medicinal Use: Anti-depression & Mood enhancement

Overall: This was a MUCH better grow of Jack the Ripper. The taste, smell, buzz all were improved. I found this strain to be extremely high energy — another one that felt like 2 shots of espresso dumped right on my brain. This is a great strain to use during the day or to go out to a party/social situation, as the energetic buzz will definitely keep you awake. Jack the Ripper is a great strain to go outside and just "do stuff" due to the high energy. Also really enjoyed working out and sparring/kickboxing after a joint.

JackTheRipper_RVC_4-2011-2.jpg

JackTheRipper_RVC_4-2011-1.jpg

JackTheRipper_RVC_4-2011-3.jpg

JackTheRipper_RVC_4-2011-4.jpg

JackTheRipper_RVC_4-2011-5.jpg

JackTheRipper_RVC_4-2011-6.jpg

JTR_RVC_4-2011-1m.jpg

JTR_RVC_4-2011-2m.jpg

This strain has a crystal look covered in trich's with dark green rusty amber pistils. It has a heavy cleaner or lemon odor and has a taste of lemon along with little sour. It has a very high potency and good for anxiety, stress and pain relief.

Back
Top Bottom