Journey for Justice to Begin 7 Day Caravan

T

The420Guy

Mar. 21, 00
For Immediate Release from Kay Lee
Source: My Journey for Justice
Journey for Justice to Begin Seven Day Caravan from FL State Prison in Starke to Capitol Building...
Medical Marijuana Patients want equal protection and justice under the law. A caravan of Medical Marijuana patients (some in electric wheelchairs), their families and Drug War reformers will depart from the FL State Prison gates (9 miles west of Starke on S.R. 16) at: 9:00am on Friday March 24th. The Journey will travel at 3-4mph much like a funeral procession, heading west for 160 miles over seven days to the Capitol building in Tallahassee. The caravan will feature a moving prison cell with medical marijuana patients inside. The caravan will pause on route to hold vigil at 13 correctional facilities between Starke and its arrival in Tallahassee on March 30th. Medical marijuana patient and Floridian, Cathy Jordan who suffers from ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) said " I am making this journey in the wheelchair I have to live in because marijuana has extended and improved the quality of my life. The people of Florida are compassionate,and I want them to ask Jeb Bush and the legislature why am I a still considered a criminal for saving my own life?"
Journey organizer, prison reformer, and patient, Kay Lee said, "the journey is an opportunity to talk to the communities about our pain, our illegal medicine, and the terrible conditions in the Florida prisons. The drug laws could send us there, not because anyone is afraid of us, but because the government is mad at us. I know the people of Florida care about human rights for everyone and that is the message we will take to Tallahassee."
Journey public relations director Kevin Aplin who has been contacting law enforcement regarding permits and public safety said " the response to the journey from the government has been mixed, we just hope that the police will respect our right to free speech and focus on the public safety issues surrounding the caravan." Press conferences will be held daily just prior to departure of the caravan and at any point along the route.
Please visit us at one of our web sites for more information, maps, and the itinerary. For Immediate Release From Kay Lee March 20th 2000 To All News Media From Journey for Justice
Contact Kevin Aplin or Kay Lee ph (321) 255-9790 cell (321) 258-6857
jug-or-not.com

Back
Top Bottom