Activist Girls Anniversary-11 Years of Kickin Butt 4 Justice

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
This week marks eleven years since Cathy Jordan (who is surviving ALS for 22 years now) became an activist for medical marijuana. In 1997, after a neurologist told her she would not be eligible for a pharmaceutical cure for ALS because of her outspokenness, Cathy called the Florida Cannabis Action Network and met Jodi James. When Cathy wanted to go on TV with her story, Joan Bello told her to call me,as I had done that. (I told her not to, because of arrest dangers for her, but she did anyway!)

Cathy and Jodi eventually teamed up with Kay Lee, another great fighter for human rights, and organized Journey for Justice #3 in 2000, when this video was filmed.

So, my favorite activist girls are on this Journey...I was on pre-sentencing probation and couldn't leave the NC to be with them, but Mingo was emailing me video clips every night - which I sent out to politicians and newscasters every morning.

So, I was there in spirit on this epic Journey and proud to stand tall with the best freedom fighters I know.
Cathy Jordan now has a website:
ALS AND CANNABIS - Home

Back
Top Bottom