just poped

LocAL BoI

well we go. I just got home from work and was happy to see that 7 out of 7 seeds have poped out of the dirt very excited. One question i have four 60watt CLF'S will this be enough light for the veg stage or will i have to get more. I know that hps and mh are better but cant afford them yet so i i'll have to deal with the floros for now. oh yeah these are bag seeds nothing special first gorw wanna get more experience befor i go big.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well im glad to hear all of them poped up... I know you were worrying there for a sec but it all worked out in the end. With CFL's the more you have the better.... if i were you I would get atleast 1 or 2 more of those and stick them in just to be on the safe side... like i told you before I dont know much about CFL's but from what I have heard from other members atleast 300w of CFL is good for your situation..... also how big is the space your growing in, that could also have an effect on how many CFL's you will need

well its 2'by 2'by 3' tall really small space still building the veg room that will be 2'by 5'by 6' tall. this grow room should be done by next week.

well everyone just thought i wouled thank everyone for the help so far. today i went out a bought 2 more 60watt CLFs to make total of six 60 watt CLFs over 7 seedlings at two days old. THe babies are looking really goode so far hope to get at least 3-4 females out of them if not i'll take what i get. theres nothing else i can do but wait hope and pray.... is there anyone out there would be able to tell me how many more CLFs i would need in order to flower with CLFs? or any info on the CLF siuation would be very helpful at ease my mind a little more!!!!!!!

i know endo had his first grow with cfl's and his crops came out great... i would ask him about the amount of light you have but i would say that you have a good amount that will last you till harvest.. but ask endo 4 his advice

LocAL BoI said:
well everyone just thought i wouled thank everyone for the help so far. today i went out a bought 2 more 60watt CLFs to make total of six 60 watt CLFs over 7 seedlings at two days old. THe babies are looking really goode so far hope to get at least 3-4 females out of them if not i'll take what i get. theres nothing else i can do but wait hope and pray.... is there anyone out there would be able to tell me how many more CLFs i would need in order to flower with CLFs? or any info on the CLF siuation would be very helpful at ease my mind a little more!!!!!!!

If you still following up on this, check out my members pic's. I've been using CFL's throughout the veg/flowering cycles, although I'm using 42W CFL's rated at 150W. If your using CFL's with actual 60W usage I'd be curious where you got them.

I pose a question as to that being enough for the total of seven plants... What size containers they are in andthe amount of light per space ratio. I'm using four 100 watt rated cfl and that's for two plants. very curious.

bluemode said:
I pose a question as to that being enough for the total of seven plants... What size containers they are in andthe amount of light per space ratio. I'm using four 100 watt rated cfl and that's for two plants. very curious.

I know, I'm using 6 CFL's for one plant, operating under the assumption that you can't have too much light. He'll probably be ok for the initial veg stage if he has them close to the plants, but he'll be needing alot more lumens for seven plants....seven? I see an HPS in his future

You can use the flouros for veg, but they will not be any good for flowering unless used in conjunction with another lighting system. Stop buying CFL's, save your cash, and when it is getting close to flowering time, buy a 250w-400w HPS system to produce big healthy buds. You can use the flouros in conjunction with the HPS as well for even more light, but be careful, because you don't want to spend too much money powering it all.

Also, best advice, keep those CFL's 2-3 inches from the tops of the plant. This will increase light intensity and reduce major stretching.

DankCloset said:
i didnt get too much stretching with fluoros, the inner noding could have been tighter, cant ask for too much though.

Same here Dank. But then I've just been flowering just one plant for myself, consentrating light from six CFL's for a total of 800W (222W actual), set a few inches above the plant as RooRman had pointed out. I believe your encouraging responses (Lounge) to how my buds are developing is due to the equal horizontal plane if the branches (have to thank a friend suggesting I train the branches for my low height grow box), allowing direct light to areas that would be normally shaded in a plant growing vertically. Hope this helps those that have the same room, and or financial restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom