Kansas Judge Reverses Order To Allow Parents' Use Of Medical Cannabis

Robert Celt

Reversing his original order in a case involving five children taken by the Department of Children and Families, a Riley County, Kansas judge has allowed use of medical cannabis by the children's parents.

Writing that visitation with the children can continue even if the parents test positive for marijuana, the judge required them to provide proof of their medical marijuana recommendations issued in Colorado.

The judge stated drug testing, "shall be for this case only and not for criminal prosecution." In addition to his ruling on the medical use of cannabis, the judge denied the state's request to terminate the Schwab's parental rights.

Commenting on the judge's order, Matthew Pappas, a California attorney helping the Schwabs, said, "Last week during a press conference, I used the phrase 'shame on Kansas.' The judge's order recognizing the medical use of cannabis by Raymond Schwab is commendable and was the right thing to do.

"Hopefully, the Kansas Legislature will now make progress in passing a workable law that provides for medical cannabis in this state."

Jennifer Winn, a former Kansas gubernatorial candidate and cannabis patient supporter said, "The efforts of so many people — from Cheryl Shuman and Moms for Marijuana International to the Native American tribes trying to free the children to the thousands of activists who have supported the Schwabs — light has been brought to this important issue. The judge made the right decision."

The Schwab children were taken by the Kansas Department of Children and Families last year while the children were with their maternal grandmother and the parents were moving the family to Colorado.

Raymond Schwab, a veteran of the U.S. Navy who was then working for the Department of Veterans Affairs had been transferred from that agency's Topeka facility to Colorado.

Schwab, who suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and was deemed 50% disabled by the government, had been recommended medical cannabis by a licensed Colorado physician.

Although Riley County judge John Bosch had at first refused to allow use of medical cannabis, his order yesterday reversing that decision will in-part likely lead to return of the children to their parents in the next few months.

Raymond_Schabb_and_family.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Kansas Judge Reverses Order To Allow Parents' Use Of Medical Cannabis
Author: Staff
Photo Credit: None found

Fucking barbarians.
Those children should never have been removed from their parents care in the first place.
Christ almighty! Dads a disabled vet? And the pukes take his kids?
Makes me mad it does.

Home of the brave....yes! But land of the free, yeah once upon a time in the West, nowadays governmental bureaus have minimized that freedom to a blank 0, you cant do anything today without asking permission, and it's up to clerks to decide your future. In this case a former navy soldier with PTSD now implyoyed at DVA and his wife lost their children, to Kansas Department of Children and Families and for what - abuse...no - violence....no - neglect....no, simply because the father in the family had been prescribed medical marijuana, he was not in possession of weapons or hard drugs, neither had he treathened anyone, he simply was a father of 5 and hold a steady job infact he was moving his family because of this, but before the family got that long the kids got kidnapped by the state on the grounds that there was "addiction" in the family. Okay did he buy pot on the street firing up all day long, oh I forgot he had a job to tend to even though he was suffering from PTSD, so he approached a doctor from Colorado, where the family was moving to who prescribe him with medical marijuana, as he wanted to do things right, but but but you're in Kansas Mr. Schwab and here you're nothing but a drug addict, gotcha!!!

Okay when this is said, I tip my hat for the Judge who knew he done something wrong and sat things right, not many of these. But this family have to live in fear of when the government would split them up again on some phony charge, I mean there must be children out there who really needs help, but many times it's like this; the government agency suddenly realizes they're on thin ice and instead of admitting they were wrong, they roll out the big guns(lawyers)and threaten the family to a plea bargin, if they ever want to see their kids again, admitting some kind of guilt and voila... it was the familys own fault all this to begin with the agency has done nothing wrong. This simply wanna make me puke, and at the same time that justice sits in the backpockets of those who's got the power and $.:amen:

Back
Top Bottom