Keep popping 15a breaker in 1600w grow room

Green-collar

So at the location of my garden is in the spare bedroom in a house, the whole room is run on 120v with a main panel in the house being 200a and the breaker for the room is 15a, but recently I have been popping the breaker and shutting the whole room down even just but plugging in a pump to drain reservoirs...So I must just be right on the verge of pulling 15amps for the room (I have NOT added all the amperage outputs on all the lights combined), but my question is there any easy safe way to make the the breaker stop popping, simply putting in a 20a breaker cant be safe or correct, right?

Thanks.

You should NOT RUN MORE THE 12 Amps on a 15 Amp circuit! Big risk of fire! That is why the breaker is tripping. You need to have a electrician run another circuit to that room so you can split the load. DO NOT Replace the 15a with A 20 Amp breaker. You will burn down your house.

You should NOT RUN MORE THE 12 Amps on a 15 Amp circuit! Big risk of fire! That is why the breaker is tripping. You need to have a electrician run another circuit to that room so you can split the load. DO NOT Replace the 15a with A 20 Amp breaker. You will burn down your house.

Thanks general, Very helpful.

You can always run a appropriate sized extension cord to another curcuit in the mean time. I personally would run a seperate curcuit specifically for your grow. I wouldn't put any other outlets on the curcuit and I would have an electrician hook it up to a 30 amp breaker.

Back
Top Bottom