30a breaker 2-400w and 1-600w-will it be enough

a 1400w in lights on 240v is about 7 amps, no need for a 2P-30 amp breaker. IMO it's best use one closer to the load drawn also you can use smaller wire if you use smaller breaker (saves money). I'd get all the equipment(lights,timers fans etc ) together to see what's best before deciding breaker.

Thank you ,My dryer dyied and was replaced with a gas model. Would this outlet be useable for thi aplication?

yes, but i would remove dryer receptacle and use it as a junction box and run 12/3 wire to wherever i needed to go (making sure the breaker was off, first ;) i am also in NE US - not many cannabis friendly states, well, at least not mine, anyway

I wouldn't use #12 awg wire on a 30 amp breaker since #12 is only good for up to a 20 amp breaker. if something goes wrong the wire could burn before the breaker trips, you don't want your grow found due to a electrical fire. the ampacity of different wire sizes is #10=30amps or less,#12=20amps or less,#14=15amps or less, #16=10amps or less.

Amps X Volts = watts.
30 amps X 120 volts = 3600 watts
You don't want to push breakers too close to their load maximums. Can really screw up your grow by popping the breakers plus of course the fire danger from wires over heating.

Back
Top Bottom