Keeping them upright

elious

Im going to be doing a DWC with some 22-25 gallon tubs putting three plants per tub. I jnow that the 5-6 inch net pots are not going to hold up the plants, especially when they get bigger and ESPECIALLY when they start to put on the buds. So my question is; how do i keep them from falling over? Is this where the SOG setup comes in? Is that something i would setup right away or if not, when?

Scrog would work well for that. YOu set the screen about 12 inches above your pots. Then just bend and train the main cola when it get tall enough.

mutts right. the scrog will hold them up. also keep a fan on the tops of the plant so every leaf moves in a circle and dances(soft scrog); it will stimulate hormones for stronger limbs and flowers

Okay... I'm having a real problem. I realized that once the screen is in place, and the plants are pushed up against it, I won't be able to get to the tubs that the rez water is in. Can someone please help me out.

Yep this in one of the downsides to Scrogging. I have seen "modular" scrog setups where each plant has its own screen that is attached tnthe net pot, thus allowing you to lift the plant and screen out of the tub all at once.

Back
Top Bottom