Knoxgrass First Grow Journal - Aero - 08-2012

knoxgrassdeal

Starting Up The Engine...!

Okay, So I'm new here but I've researched and read up so Here We Go.

Start Up...

4x4x6.5 Ft Virtual Sun Grow tent (Mylar Inside .. Not what i wanted but it seems ok)
1000 Watt ballast MH/HPS
6" in Carbon Filter
6" 500 cFm incline Fan
6" 240 cFm Booster Fan
(3) 185 gph submersible pumps
Adjustable cycle timer (1sec-40 mins on time 1min-8 hours oFF time)
(50) ez clone sprayers (I Gotta Deal! lol.. moving on)
(10) 6" net pots
(50) 2x2x1.5" Rockwool Cubes
5 Litters oF hydroton
1 Ltr. oF Big Bud Nutrients
(3) 25 gallon Sterilite totes
1 Roll oF ducting tape :)
Air pump rated For 120 gallon tank (I'll get the gph later ;) )

Thats Most oF the things i purchased plus a Few minor things to put it all together. i.e. Ducting. tubes. Pvc. ect.

Not knowing anyone who I could get clones oFF oF I have to start From bagseeds. But i Gotta Bunch! Some nice ones too.. But they got mixed up.. ooppps

Setup :

Seeds were germinated in a glass oF water For 1 day then moved into paper towels For another 2 days. Once the seeds had sprouted the tap root I then moved them into the rock wool cubes. (washed and set For a day)

The sprouts were then put under a CFL For around a week. (Sorry For specifics at this time)

The sprouts were a couple inches tall and were then transplanted into the 6" net pots surrounded by the hydroton.

The 3 totes were then taken and 2 6" holes were then carved out oF the tops. And the Net pots were places into them.

The tops oF the totes were then covered in the ducting tape to keep the light bouncing around nicely.

(They were then placed under the 1000 watt mh in which they took oFF! only taking a regular watering (when cubes where dry) until the pumps came.)

The 3 185 gph pumps where then placed inside each tote with proper Pvc (3/4 inch tubing) attachments and EZ clone sprayer heads.

(This was the last Shipment to come and i ended up being held up For a week and 1/2 on these but the plants were doing AWESOME! They Growed all the way to the top oF the 6" pots keeping rockwool around them to the top)

The water pumps where then connected to a power strip on the Adjustable cycle timer.

A hole was drilled in each box to Feed an air hose through From the air pump to an air stone in each container. (To supply Fresh air to the roots) and to keep them living iF they touch the water.

The both Fans are connected to run 24/7

The pumps were set to run 5 secs on 5 minutes oFF.

Starting The Grow:

It Has been only about 3 Days Since the setup was complete so i should be able to Keep everything Up-To-Date From here on out.

The inside temp oF the tent runs around 77-78 degres during the day and doesn't stray to much at night. (I bought a temp gauge but it said my house was at 85 when it was placed right in Front oFF the a/c so ill get back on specifics once i get a DIFFERENT one.)

The plants did Fine For the First 2 days no problems... but today I woke up to the tips oF my little babies turning dark almost a black color. But they weren't crispy. They been under the MH For over a week with no problems until now. Plus, They are wilting but they still seem very strong..

Roots have shoot out the bottom oF the net pots about 3/4" in. But Growth has seemed to come to a screeching halt compared to previous Growth.

Today :

I Turned the Feed cycle Down to 4 sec on with 22-23 minutes oFF. I Did this because the roots were very damp and the top was completely saturated when the reservoir was opened. Water would poor out the net pots when tilted slightly. So I Believe.. severe over watering is the problem at this point.

Pictures For The Day
Sorry For the Quality they were take oFF a Phone. My Camera was stolen. I tried the Sunglass technique but it only seemed to work on the Light/Ventilation picture. Ill try using the Oakley tomorrow ;)

Tag: Crapy picture oF the outside oF the tent.

Tag: The Inside (3 Totes 2 (6"inch) sites per tote)

Tag: Carbon Filter< Ducting < 1000 watt MH < ducting < Incline Fan < Ducting < Into Ventilation (a/c ductwork)

Tag: Plant #1

Tag: Plant #2

Tag: Plant #3

Tag: Plant #4

Tag: Plant #5

Tag: Plant #6

The Browning/ Yellowing can be seen in the plants: #1 (All Far Four Leave tips. Plus Dropping) , #4 (LeFt leaF. Plus Dropping, #5 (Yellowing on PreFlower),

#6 Is a baby (The Shortest) and is still very green (One oF the sprouts died and this was a quick replacement) . It hasn't Rooted out oF the Rockwool into the hydroton yet. Picture is kind oF blury. But the Darkening is Defiantly Not because oF heat. :)

Any Input is much Appropriated :) Hope to keep the Grow Alive and Well.
Thanks, Knox

Re: Knoxgrass First Grow Journal / Aero / 08/2012

So,,, Bad Seed Grow Continued..

Problems..

Heat Stress From hell. Lack OF nutrients (Basic plant Food)

I thought I was overwatering with intervals oF 4 sec on / 25 oFF but that wasnt the case the plant still worsened. Pictures below..

Taken 8.16.12 That Night

IMG_20120816_125802.jpg

IMG_20120816_125807.jpg

IMG_20120816_125749.jpg

IMG_20120816_125740.jpg

IMG_20120816_125733.jpg

IMG_20120816_125726.jpg

Problems Solved. (For now)

It was heat stress For sure. AFter getting a basic (old School temperature gauge and Humid Gauge) The temps were too high 90+

An oscilating Fan was added to the mix pointing straight at the light From the height oF the plants in the tubs.
This was yesterday. And The plants have came back to liFe and started New Grow! All the old (burnt shit) was cut oFF when the new Fan was added. Looks Much Better.

Timming on pumps was switched to (15s/15m) and has helped promote much root growth! Also I added 10-10-10 MG Liquid Plant Food. Aprox. 4 tbsp For 4 1/2 Gallons. Leaves have Darkend Back Up and Seem to Been Much On Track..
Pictures Below.

IMG_20120820_231635.jpg

IMG_20120820_231653.jpg

IMG_20120820_231708.jpg

Tag: Plant #3 Roots! (Nice Fish Bone'ing Since 15/15)
IMG_20120820_231744.jpg

IMG_20120820_231702.jpg

IMG_20120820_231720.jpg

(Still A Baby)
IMG_20120820_231728.jpg

I seem to have some slim Growing in the Res's Now. Not Sure iF it is the plant Food or algea. Its Not Coloring anything yet. Just Feels slick on The sides. (Going To Try Some h2o2 To See IF it Goes away. Dont Want Algea Growin In The res!)

Growth was stunted Completely For the past 3 days but now seems to been back on track. Here A Few Pictures OF The Setup.

Tag: Inside OF Res. 185 gph pump w/ connected pvc and 6 ez clone sprayer heads( Inside each res.) And Air Stone on right side.
IMG_20120816_124419.jpg

Tag: Another Pic DiF Res. Same Setup :)
IMG_20120816_124401.jpg

Tag: Inside OF Res. Sprayers Going at it!
IMG_20120816_125507.jpg

Re: Knoxgrass First Grow Journal / Aero / 08/2012

Any Idea About The Slime On The Sides OF The Totes? Light Comming Through The Totes Possibly? They aren't Darkend Out Completely Light Shines Through The plastic. Not Very Much and it isn't "Direct" light. Or Could It just be the 10-10-10 Plant Food I Added? Not Sure..?

Updates Comming Soon!

Any Input is Much Appropriated!

Knox, Signing Out

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom